waranty question

Last Updated:

1. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my phone won't boot into recovery. Will they gice me a new phone for this. Or will they get suspicous? Ty in asvance

Advertisement
  2. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

They would normally get very suspicious but an update was just released so if that is what caused this little dilemma you should be fine.

3. droidftw

Well maybe something else will happen. Kellex from droid life got bricked from the update. Maybe it'll happen to nme and then get new phone.

4. Decus22

Are you trying to boot into recovery right?

>Power off phone

> hold X key and press power button

> keep holding x until screen with ! inside a triangle comes up (I think thats what it is. its been awhile)

> Release x and press volume up and camera button

You should be in stock recovery. If not and you have never rooted your phone. You should be able to take it back no problem.

5. droidftw

I've rooted before. What happens is that I gets stuck at moto logo till I battery pull.

6. rockstar323

rockstar323 Well-Known Member

If you were rooted with a non stock recovery and tried to apply the stock update that is the problem. I'm not sure how deep they will look into the phone to see what's wrong with it but if they find a non stock recovery like sp or clockwork you will probably get charged full retail for the phone. It takes a few months for this to show up on your bill, for example my company's march bill had a charge from august 09 for a defective return. we had received a warranty replacement and it turned out the phone it replaced had water damage. We have been billed in the past for getting a warranty replacement on a winmo phone that had a cooked rom on it.

7. Decus22

I've heard this sometimes works.

> Turn off Phone

> Pull battery

> Hold X

> Insert Battery still holding x

> Plug phone in to wall charger still holding x

That might get you to it. Give it a shot. If not Your Bootloader is more than likely fried.

From what I’ve read about it, you can just take it in rooted or not at that point.\

Edit:

Found it. This person was having pretty much the same problem. The thread is here

http://androidforums.com/all-things...id-bricked-after-rom-install-please-help.html

Read through it for some helpful ideas.

droidftw likes this.