• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warfare Incorperated

Vanquished

Android Expert
Nov 2, 2010
USA
Awesome game initially developed for Palm and PPC devices back in 2003. Was ported to iPhone back in 2008 and recently updated for the iPad. I was one of the beta testers, and I must say it is an awesome game. I have not played it since 2005 or so though, and think it would be an awesome edition to the Android Market. There was a trial version, and may still be as well. There is a mission editor, multiplayer, etc. It only costs $1 on the iPhone app store from what I hear, so it would definately be worth the price too (on a side note, I feel bad for mobile developers, because back in the day these games were going for $15-30 on Palm and PPC devices, and now they have to generally sell $2-5 to even have a chance).

Some features include:
-Play single player and multiplayer!
-22 unit and structure types, 2 alien landscapes
-41 built-in single and multiplayer missions
-350+ add-on single and multiplayer missions
-Integrated Add-On Mission Pack download (iPhone / iPod Touch)
-Online multiplayer with lobby, game rooms, player chat
-Full mission editor - create and publish your own missions
-Stunning graphics
-4 channel audio

Check out what it looks like here:
Warfare Incorporated
Pics (graphics are outdated, since it was developed on 480x320 Palm devices, but I doubt that will take away from the experience that much, plus it will probably only be $1 like on the iPhone as stated before, so well worth the money):
http://www.warfareincorporated.com/screenshots.html
Movies:
http://www.warfareincorporated.com/movies.html
Awards (every review I have seen is 5/5 or 10/10 as well):
http://www.warfareincorporated.com/awards.html

If you would like to see this on Android devices, please help us show more support so they see a market worth porting it to! =)

Register and post here:
Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Android

Some screenshots here:

pic06.jpg

pic01.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
"I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping to see the market develop a little more. With all the recent Android activity in the marketplace, it looks like it is heating up."

Words from the developer. So, we need to show him there is interest in it! Go to Warfare Incorporated :: View Forum - Enhancement Requests and reply to one of the Android topics, hopefully enough interest on their forums will get things going. =) It truely is a remarkable game in every aspect, and by far THE best RTS game in the mobile world.

Upvote 0
I really miss this game! Nothing as good as this around now. All we seem to have now is loads of crap a la Mobile Strike. I can't stand the new model of waiting hours or days to build things unless you fork over loads of $$. What happened to the days when you could buy a game and just play it? I'd rather even pay for an expensive game and have fun playing without being jerked around with these new inane game play antics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones