Warheads Skin/Theme Question

Last Updated:

1. MinisterPhobia

MinisterPhobia Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running Warheads on my Behold 2 and so far, am fairly happy with it. My only gripe at this point is the skin/theme. I mean no offense to BH Man as his work is greatly appreciated, but, the skin that's running on this version of Warheads is driving me up the wall.

I've done some looking at themes and whatnot, but, can't seem to figure out how to get them installed or running. Even simply reverting to the default Android theme would make me happy at this point. The problem is, I haven't been able to find any good information or tutorials on how to do this myself.

Could someone provide some answers here?

Advertisement
  2. mmmark111

mmmark111 Well-Known Member

Two ways you can go about it.

First - Use Metamorph
    MetaMorph - android-metamorph - MetaMorph, a theming project for Android - Project Hosting on Google Code

Second - adb pull the framework-res.apk from /system/framework. You can browse and edit the contents of this file with Winrar. Browse to any of the folders named "drawable" and replace any of these images with an image of your choosing that's the same exact size and name as the original.

EDIT: here are the adb commands
    Once edited

xLeo likes this.
  3. MinisterPhobia

MinisterPhobia Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hmmm... any tips for making Metamorph work? I've got it installed along with AndExplorer, but, every Morph that I extract with it gives me the same error. Something about the theme control file being invalid or missing. I haven't been able to find a single theme that works.

4. mmmark111

mmmark111 Well-Known Member

Using metamorph with the behold rom can be tricky. You're better off manually taking the images out of the theme file and placing them in the framework-res. Or just switching to the galaxy rom.

5. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

When I get time I'll make a friendly MetaMorph for the Behold twiz Rom, just been busy doing other stuff.

6. lviv73

lviv73 Well-Known Member

7. bionicgrape

bionicgrape Well-Known Member

8. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

It's also made compatible for 1.6.

The bottom screenshots were just recently added for cyanogen's latest CM5 test build based on 2.1

9. Jsaini04

Jsaini04 Active Member

thanks buddy! lol

10. DGarmon

DGarmon Well-Known Member

I have a quick question, I understand that Metamorph just updated the way it handles Edit's now. From what I understand it now uses XML files and not .thm. Does it matter on the BH2 side of things? I was just wondering, I'm starting to theme and don't want to mess anything up editing XML files. Both the Free and the Pro editions are now Version 1.9.8.5 from the Market.