Warmer battery with Froyo?Support

Last Updated:

1. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

noticed last night that my battery temperature hit 40.2 degrees C...it's never been that high. it may be attributed to the fact that I was using it all night, but it only started getting warm right before i went to bed. i laid it down and put it to sleep, figuring it would cool off, and eventually it began to. So then, i started to charge it. at the early charging cycle, it dropped down to normal around 32 degrees while charging...then an hour later i wake up and check it, and it's back up to 40 something! i was like wtf! the rest of the morning it seemed to charge cool, but what could be making the battery so hot so randomly? i've never had it hit that high before and i don't want it to melt or anything lol

also, noticed charging takes MUCH longer now. started charging around 4am, woke up at 8 and it still wasn't at 100. usually used to take only 2 hours, now was taking 4. so when it hit 100, i took it off the charger to do my bump charge test....let it idle for 3 hours, and when i went back to it, it was at 90%, meaning i had to bump charge

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I noticed this too actually, with the heat, not so much with longer charging times. A lot changed in 2.2, and the temps aren't anything to worry about. Maybe they thought the froyo would cool it down?

3. jayochs

lol nice. i just don't like it hitting that high, especially after seeing peoples posts where the hot battery MELTED their back covers....lol

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Where have you seen melted back covers!? The hottest I have seen my phone get was 50.8*C and that was running wifi tether to 3 laptops and charging and playing a movie via output to a tv, lol... It kept running like champ though. Maybe the readings are just inaccurate?

5. jayochs

hmm. there was a thread on here? or maybe it was the eris (i used to have one)..on one of these message boards i saw a pic of a bubbled up back cover that was melted