Warning about new version of Spare Parts

Last Updated:

1. Articy

Articy Member This Topic's Starter

Just a warning from a casual user of my Hero who has not rooted. Today I updated my Spare Parts app from the Market and noticed a new setting named 'Activity/Process managements'. The 2 options are 'Normal' or 'Aggressive'. I changed it to aggressive and promptly got distracted at work. 15 min later when I came back to my phone, it was really acting up. Everytime I went from an application back to my 'home', the HTC screen would appear and all my widgets would reload. Took me a few minutes of restarting and uninstalling another app before I realized the 'Spare Parts' app was aggressively closing 'Sense'. Once I turned that back to 'Normal', all was good.

Just wanted to put this out there because when the problem started, first thing I did was search these forums. Now hopefully if anyone else encounters this, they can get it straightened out.

Advertisement
    t1jordan, scottmbolt, dmm5157 and 3 others like this.
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I read the same thing on the Eris forums. I updated Spare Parts, but I didn't click on either option. No problems so far!

3. bob2300

bob2300 Well-Known Member

Yeah this happened to me too. So is the window animations and transition animations old settings? I dont remember them. Regardless turning both to fast, it seems like my phone is responding so much faster (and mine is rooted with a quick rom/kernal fresh/gumbo).

4. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Thank you for this post. I updated my Spare Parts app as well, but I have not accessed it at all sine the update.

5. Pauley

Pauley New Member

I upgraded too but now would like to revert back to the previous version (it didn't have the annoying ads). Could anyone point to where could I find it? I didn't know I could have backed it up first with another app I have first. Thanks for your help!

6. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

There is now another update for Spare Parts, that now includes a warning to this effect. Also has a option for automatic screen brightness.

7. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

Old settings. I toyed with them thanks to a thread here and I agree, they do seem to snap things up.

n.

8. cbarth3

cbarth3 Well-Known Member

here is the previous version that i have backed up from 12/09

Attached Files:

Pauley and BOO5TED like this.