• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Warning about Seidio.

ck27

Lurker
Mar 1, 2011
Edit: Seems the only bad apples within Seidio are the chat representatives. I've had many of them end the conversation when I say they should provide better customer service.

The chat representative was wrong, Seidio is sending me another package.

Original:

While this isn't their fault 100%, their help/support hasn't been very good.

I ordered an Innocase Active Limited Edition off Amazon a few months back along with two sets of screen protectors. The corners of the plastic on the Active snapped off from general use and the screen protectors came with bubbles. I filed a RMA and sent it to Seidio, they sent me the RMA back and the post office lost my package.

I contacted the post office and they have no idea where it is, even with tracking. I contacted Seidio and they told me to fill out a lost package form, but they will not resend my RMA items and the post office will have to reimburse me. The post office told me since it wasn't insured I'm out of luck. I asked Seidio about then and they told me I'm out of luck and to go buy a new product.

I'm out $50 now, it's not Seidio's fault 100%, but their support could have been better, they could have insured the package, or at least offered to send me the $1 worth of plastics for shipping and I would pay for insurance.

Looks like I will have to buy from Otterbox and stay away from Seidio from now on.

Seidio has been very responsive and helpful from my perspective so the warning shouldn't discourage everyone. Seidio replaced my original Innocase II due to the new felt liner helping with the rubbing and fit issues. They sent me the new case and RMA since I bought directly with them.

That said, I'm not sure the issue was purely Seidio anyway. If the item was purchased and defective from the beginning (bubble in package), returning to Amazon would have been the best thing to do.

I give Seidio credit for getting involved at all. If they resolve the OP's issue, it would be among the many reasons why I often recommend them to others. Perhaps not always the cheapest products available, but I've never had an issue come up that they didn't resolve.

Reactions: SmokinBiz
Upvote 0
Seems the only bad apples within Seidio are the chat representatives. I've had many of them end the conversation when I say they should provide better customer service.

The chat representative was wrong, Seidio is sending me another package.

Technically you don't deserve anything from them.

USPS lost the package. Once Seidio shipped it, they're free of all responsibility. There's a process to follow when that happens and you refused to follow it, calling care rep after care rep demanding an exception to the rules. They're doing you a favor and practicing exceptional customer care by sending you a freebie that you don't deserve and you ddn't even say thanks.

And BTW, the screen protector didn't come with bubbles, you didn't put it on right....mine has bubbles too but at least I know who's to blame.

Upvote 0
I have an issue where paint is coming off my innocase. I used the chat to chat with an agent and they told me to do the rma procedure. I checked other forums and they said that seidio sends the replacement first and then give u a prepaid label to send it back. Why was i told to mail it back myself? This isnt even worth the trouble. I wss going to buy another color as well but dont think so now.

Upvote 0

USPS lost the package. Once Seidio shipped it, they're free of all responsibility. There's a process to follow when that happens and you refused to follow it, calling care rep after care rep demanding an exception to the rules. They're doing you a favor and practicing exceptional customer care by sending you a freebie that you don't deserve and you ddn't even say thanks.

And BTW, the screen protector didn't come with bubbles, you didn't put it on right....mine has bubbles too but at least I know who's to blame.
Seconded

Upvote 0
I have an issue where paint is coming off my innocase. I used the chat to chat with an agent and they told me to do the rma procedure. I checked other forums and they said that seidio sends the replacement first and then give u a prepaid label to send it back. Why was i told to mail it back myself? This isnt even worth the trouble. I wss going to buy another color as well but dont think so now.

I was told the exact same thing. Not worth the cost or the hassle. I had the holster snap on my belt (just cracked and caused my phone to fall a couple of feet). I was beyond angry as I was told that I needed original packaging (who keeps that???) and my Seidio receipt (don't have since I bought from Amazon.

Seidio has lost me as a customer.

Upvote 0
I was told the exact same thing. Not worth the cost or the hassle. I had the holster snap on my belt (just cracked and caused my phone to fall a couple of feet). I was beyond angry as I was told that I needed original packaging (who keeps that???) and my Seidio receipt (don't have since I bought from Amazon.

Seidio has lost me as a customer.

I apologize about this. Pre-paid labels are given as a courtesy when you are within a certain period from product receipt and we don't require you to return in the original packaging unless you are requesting a refund.

You would need to fill out a different form since you purchased from Amazon and we would only require your Amazon receipt. I apologize about any misinformation you were given. Please PM me if you have any further questions.

Upvote 0
I apologize about this. Pre-paid labels are given as a courtesy when you are within a certain period from product receipt and we don't require you to return in the original packaging unless you are requesting a refund.

You would need to fill out a different form since you purchased from Amazon and we would only require your Amazon receipt. I apologize about any misinformation you were given. Please PM me if you have any further questions.

To be perfectly honest, I wish this information was relayed to me then. I have since just bought a new holster that fits the innocase in it. The part that broke was the belt clip holster.

I no longer have the holster (why keep a broken holster when the MFG won't stand behind it???) I can forward the Receipt, but why bother since I don't have a holster.

In the future, you may want to train you CSR how to handle these issues!!!

Upvote 0
To be perfectly honest, I wish this information was relayed to me then. I have since just bought a new holster that fits the innocase in it. The part that broke was the belt clip holster.

I no longer have the holster (why keep a broken holster when the MFG won't stand behind it???) I can forward the Receipt, but why bother since I don't have a holster.

In the future, you may want to train you CSR how to handle these issues!!!

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass it along!

Upvote 0

I don't agree. Seidio should have insured the package or at the very least payed for tracking. Also once someone shipps something they are not free of responsibility. If you order something from someone and it never makes it to you it's that places/persons responsibility to find out what happened and fix the problem. If what your saying was true then I could "sell" something online and claim it got "lost" in shipping and not have to worry about actually sending you the product. It just doesn't work that way

Upvote 0
I don't agree. Seidio should have insured the package or at the very least payed for tracking.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that tracking has a cost, which it doesn't, or why you think that tracking wasn't involved, which it was. Read the original post again and you'll see that he stated that the post office had no idea where the package is, even with tracking.

Also once someone shipps something they are not free of responsibility. If you order something from someone and it never makes it to you it's that places/persons responsibility to find out what happened and fix the problem.

Once an order is processed for shipping, the responsibility for it lies with the last person or company to have acknowledged receipt of the package, whether it's the retailer, shipping company or the end user. Tracking numbers don't exist just to satisfy peoples curiosity, they exist so that there's a chain of possession and therefore responsibility.

If what your saying was true then I could "sell" something online and claim it got "lost" in shipping and not have to worry about actually sending you the product. It just doesn't work that way

What I'm saying is true, both then and now.

Sure a business could claim that they shipped something even if they didn't....then when you tried to track the package, the lie would be revealed because there wouldn't be a tracking number for you to track. If they played games like that, word would get out and it would hurt their sales and reputation. No legitimate company is going to alienate their customer base like that, it's counterproductive and would reduce their revenue, not increase it.

And that my friend, is the way it works

Upvote 0
Seidio makes excellent cases bought one last year for my Atrix and just ordered one for my Skyrocket..Only thing I don't like is there shipping policies hate companies that want to profit off of shipping charges..

Paid $6 for shipping thru the Post Office, Texas to Illinois still don't have it. I ship on a daily basis with my company so I know what it costs and arrival times of packages.

I refuse to pay for 2 day FedEx shipping if it's going to take them 2 days to process an order. My belief 2 day shipping means 2 days not 4 days.

Upvote 0
I think Seidio customer service is top notch, as are the cases they make.

Belt clips break. It happens. Seidio stands behind what they make.
I have one on an Active Combo for my Atrix 4G. Within the one year limited warranty I have been through 3 belt holsters. All replaced by Seidio very easily.

I also have had the Active Combo for my Droid Incredible.
I currently have an Active Combo for my Rezound. On my second belt clip (replaced under warranty). Now the Active case itself is being replaced because the finish on it was peeling off. Again. Top notch service.
I will never use another case. Active Case user for life here.
I even ordered a purple Active Case for my Wife's Droid Incredible 4G for Hanukkah. She is currently using the little garbage case you can buy in Verizon corporate stores.
Glad to see more colors being made available!

As for screen protectors. I use only Reallook (only available on eBay or Amazon) so I can't comment on Seidio screen protectors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones