• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warning about toggle settings uninstall

werthers

Android Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2010
Manchester UK
I just thought I'd post this incase anyone else has the same problem, it had me stumped for a while.

I uninstalled toggle settings and I had turned off APN data (GSM) and 3G network on it before I uninstalled. This meant that I couldn't connect to the internet I think it was the APN that was the killer luckily after trying a bunch of stuff I found a copy of toggle settings on the internet and sent it via bluetooth installed it and then turned on the settings again and now it's fixed.

Phew!

Yeah it's the same with all APN disablers, they work by messing up your APN settings so you can't connect, then fixing them when you re-enable it. If you uninstall when it's disabled, the settings stay messed up. APNDroid and Quick Settings both warn you not to uninstall with mobile data disabled.

Even if you do uninstall though, you can just get your APN settings from your carrier and input them yourself: Settings => Wireless Controls => Mobile Networks => Access Point Names

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones