Warning beeps?

Last Updated:

1. billy1561

billy1561 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When i turn off my phone i get a series of rapid loud beeps(about 6) and the same when i disconnect the charging cable. Sounds like some sort of warning or error. Also get a message across the notification bar saying 'preparing sd card' which may be relevant?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

If you get that when disconnecting the wall charger it sounds like your phone isnt detecting the charger properly and thinks its hooked up by USB in disk drive mode.

If you go into about phone and then battery does it say charging AC or USB? And do you get the USB connection choice in the notification bar?

No ideas about the beeps though.

3. billy1561

I should have explained better sorry. By charging cable I meant when its being used to connect to the pc. It beeps with the message when I pull it out. Also when turning off the phone. Apologies for not being clearer first time!

4. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

ah right dont worry about the preparing SD card thing then its normal. Can only suggest going through your sound setting to see if you switched something on... Or it could be an app you have installed notifying you of something.... Ive just noticed theres a setting called SD card notifications, that might be it.

billy1561 likes this.
  5. billy1561

will take a look at that a little later then as am off out soon. Thanks for your help.

Yep, it most definately is the SD notifications. Must have clicked on it when exploring as i can't recall doing so.
    Anyway, job done and thanks again.