WARNING: CauseWorld might break your phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the update for CauseWorld (a random little app where you collect "karma" points for "checking-in" to various real-world locations, and then you spend the points on various charitable causes).

I used to leave the app running all the time, so I could easily check-in to a new place every few minutes, because loading the app from scratch is frustratingly slow (whereas having it running in the background makes it pop up instantly).

With the new update, if I left the app running in the background, it'd wake up my phone every few seconds, as it tried to update my location in the app. So as I left my phone sitting on my desk, I'd see the lock screen flash on, then off. Then on, off, on, off, etc. Pretty annoying.

Last night I charged my phone, and as I went to bed, unplugged the charger, since it was fully charged.

But apparently I forgot to shut down the CauseWorld app, because my alarms never went off this morning, and my phone was completely dead.

I plugged it into the charger, but the phone won't turn on, even after leaving it plugged in for 15 minutes.

The only thing that's changed about my phone in the last week is downloading the update for the CauseWorld app, so I'm blaming that, for lack of any other idea of what caused the problem.

Advertisement
  2. toefer

toefer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After unplugging the charger, and plugging it back in, I finally got the battery-charging icon, and can turn my phone back on.

I know the first app I'll be uninstalling, once the phone boots up.

3. OhhthatJenny

OhhthatJenny New Member

Hey Toefer,

So sorry to hear this happened! It's really helpful to hear from users when they're having trouble with our app, and I wanted to let you know that we just released another version that fixes this issue. We hope you give it another shot- we really think it's a great app that you'll enjoy using. Of course, we'll understand if you don't, and still appreciate the heads up about the issue.

Thanks!
    Jenny @CauseWorld