Warning!! Do not download apps from this developer!!!!Tips

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

FastEddie87, itsTee, jbhumph and 3 others like this.
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I've heard of that before. It's a naughty app that needs spanking! There's only one wallpaper app you should use anyways... which is Filkie. :)
  3. jreed2560

I have a wallpaper app on my phone. Its called Google Images
    chrsb likes this.
  4. Syco54645

Syco54645 Active Member

5. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

I thought this wasn't true...
  6. jreed2560

read two news articles about it this morning. One here on Phandroid, and the other on Phone Arena.

there appears to be some edits to the original story, but the fact still remains that the app collects data from your phone and sends it to a server in china.
  7. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Good lookin' out, Lookout. :D
  8. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Thats why people need to pay attention to what the app has access to when they download it.
  9. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Haha! Nice! I never understood why people would use a wallpaper app when they have access to infinite amounts of images on their phones already.
  10. ArcherB

ArcherB Member

Why are these apps still being listed on the marketplace? Why are these apps still listed when you click on "Apps" on the top of this very page and search for "Jackeey"?

Seriously, this crap needs to be removed YESTERDAY!

Looks like it's been pulled from the Marketplace, however, it's still linked from this site.
  11. xdroid

xdroid Well-Known Member

Man, and that hello kitty wallpaper app looks like a must-have.
    jreed2560 likes this.
  12. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Lol! The app descriptions say "notice: cannot use in China, firewall". That's because they have much better ways to spy on their own than a stupid wallpaper app.
  13. iamfiretruck

iamfiretruck Well-Known Member

Is it that hard to google image... or even more so google image mspaint fix what you want? LAZY
  14. jreed2560

I hope you are joking. Ur new so I'll excuse it, but try to incorporate a smiley in there next time so people dont take your jokes as you just being an A$$. :D
  15. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member

Not sure who to believe on this one:

Android Wallpaper Apps Falsely Accused of Spyware and Stealing Sensitive User Data [FUD] | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

This all may have been FUD by a security vendor who has monetary reasons to find things like this and try and make itself out to be a leading security app for Android (I know people who use their app for realtime protection).

I never used the program, but if he does not have permission to do something through the android OS then he can't do it, especially if it is not a warning that comes up when installing the app.

Take it as you will, I wouldn't take either side of the argument as definitive.
    impliedconsent likes this.
  16. jreed2560

Wow, thanks for posting an opposing view. I tend to believe the developer and the author of this article. So I believe the dev is owed an apology by all the news outlets than ran the story without checking the facts or asking the developer himself. I don't have use for these apps, but it is good that attention has been brought to the fact that people should read what permissions are given to apps when you download them.
  17. edgeman4

edgeman4 Well-Known Member

And Google has now reinstated the app to the Market stating that it does not compromise any data it does not say it does. So yeah someone is owed an apology here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.