WARNING! Do NOT reapply the update after updating!

1. Neitherfanboy

Neitherfanboy Well-Known Member

Same here. Did the update, then after reading this thread, purposely checked for updates again, said there was no update available and my EVO correctly shows 1.47.651.1 -- I wonder why some phones still show an update available afterwards and some do not?
  2. adolan

adolan Active Member

Ditto ... :mad:
  3. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

Where the sprintTV thing used to be on the second page to the right under the media player, its not there anymore after the update and says "problem loading gadget". Anyone know what the deal is with that?
  4. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

My fear now is that people are going to abuse this foul up and brick their phones on purpose in hopes of getting a new device. smh @ you if you do that.
  5. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Yes. Some gadgets and shortcuts have to be reset. Just throw your gadget/shortcut away (drag to bottom of screen) and reapply the gadget.
  6. kiz88

kiz88 Well-Known Member

Consider yourself lucky, after the first update look at the update when you try again it the second time, it is the same version, it is NOT a firmware update.

I waited 1 hour after the second update to go thru and it was dead, it did not accept charging, hard reboot did not work nada.

Even the guy at the Sprint store said damn its bricked LOL!!!!
  7. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

If they do, their true fear should be whether they will get an Evo anytime soon. The supply is short and getting shorter.
  8. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

unrevoked like just the app? Was it still on your phone after the update, or could you still install it?
  9. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Exactly, the phone hasnt even been out a month. And anyone purposefully bricking their phones means they are simply out an evo sprint gets them in.
  10. dels28

dels28 Well-Known Member

I had the same expereince, did my update over Wifi, and took a little over 9 minutes. When home screen appeared after staying on the 4G start-up screen, it gave the congrats with the new update version, nothing wierd notice, but a much faster speedtest with the local server. this is with version 3.
  11. kiz88

kiz88 Well-Known Member

I dont know but the new update has me flying on Wifi now!!!!!
  12. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

your on your 3rd Evo and I cant even find my first one.
  13. Slylust

Slylust Active Member

i did still keeps coming up
  14. Fredrickhstn

Fredrickhstn Member

Mine bricked too went to a couple sprint stores but they were out of stock. I updated before I went to sleep when I awoke I had a brick.
  15. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Call sprint (from another phone) and they can walk you through updating the phone settings to make sure it's still right for your account.
  16. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Yep...I suspect they enabled the the 'N' switch. The chip was always capable of wireless N, they just had it disabled for some reason. It was trivial to do it...a dev over at XDA figured it out.

But, I will say, my wifi reception seems stronger now too. It was always pretty good for me, but never the full bars. Now the reception is maxed all the time and I'm getting my full wired broadband speeds over my wireless router.
  17. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

To those of you thinking anyone would purposefully brick a perfectly good evo:

Yah cuz those of us who had amazing phones with good screens, and no problems just couldn't wait to get on the waiting list for a brand new sub par evo. I can't imagine anyone wanting to brick their phone, and it shouldn't be possible to do it so easily thru an ota update anyway.
  18. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

Still rooted post update? wifi tether still work?
  19. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I did not have to check for another update. I got an error msg after trying to download/install the first update telling me it was corrupt and to re- install.
    I did not have a rooted phone, but now I kind of wish I did, since they don't recieve this so called "patch update". I have a shiny evo brick, and no one at sprint or RS care. Sprint actually asked me if I wanted to cancel my contract. I can't. I ported my number, and it is a business number as well as a personal number. Heartsick. What to do now?
  20. vtwin-racing

vtwin-racing Well-Known Member

Was the update removed?
    It asked me to update this morning, i canceled it from DL`ing because i wanted my battery 100%. Now when i do a search for updates, nothings found.
  21. citizenx

citizenx New Member

:mad: a little to late! Have a Brick beautiful EVO....Dang It!! why oh why did I go and check for a update twice! I had a bad Icon ( i think the voice-mail one) and double check and ran it again then...........black screen....tried the old battery pull....nothing....panic mode sets in.

Im screwed...run to best buy...they dont have any will have to wait.
    So I head to a sprint store and get one ordered, I hope I see it in a couple of days. the phone is my life line!!

Any benefit on getting a replacement now as appose to the 1st released one's?

why oh why did I click on the update!!!!!
  22. oracleskateboard

oracleskateboard Active Member

it looks like sprint has pulled the update lol
  23. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

Yeah after I updated and I rechecked it says up to date. Maybe some people are getting incomplete installs or something?
  24. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Dang, looks like about 20% brick rate. I'm sure Sprint pulled the upgrade, heck they can't supply phones to new customers let alone upgrade bricks.
  25. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I was waiting till I got home and had better signal. I REALLY want an update if there is a chance in heck it'll let me get through a work day before the battery dies, not to mention my wifi is slow. I would have risked the brick on my Rooted EVO.