• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WARNING! Do NOT reapply the update after updating!

I have also successfully bricked my Evo. I pulled the micro SD and made a copy of the contents then formatted it so a future owner would not have my data just in case there is anything on the card worth checking out. Sprint says 5-7 days for delivery and all the local stores are out of stock. I asked to return the Evo and for a refund pending resolution even though I still have 15 days left for a return.

What happens with all those apps I bought if I get another Evo????

I think apps are tracked by your google account so as long as you keep the same google account on the next phone they will be downloadable for free if you paid already. Either way, don't worry, you are covered.

Upvote 0
what sucks is i lost all my contacts lol and my sms txt that i saved since june 4th!!!!!! dammitttttt no way to recover anything from a bricked phone, at least i can take the 8gb sd card (pics/videos)

Luckily I had spent about 4 hours the day after I got my phone to convert all my contacts to Google contacts, go through and clean them up. So when my Evo died and I got the new one, all my contacts came back within about 5 minutes.

No luck on the SMS text though. Maybe a future release will save this data to an SD card as well.

Upvote 0
if there hasn't been a custom rom created already with a work around for the new update then there will be soon enough .. developers are pretty amazing at churning out great roms

well i hope that is the case cause i really want to apply this update... im going to hold off until i know for sure that im not screwing my phone out of root. but im sure your right... the guys/gals that work on these roms are incredible..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones