[WARNING] Don't partition your SD card using Clockwork 3.0.2.5/ROM Manager. 3.0.2.6 = Safe.

1. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Update: The bug is fixed in 3.0.2.6 - please make absolutely sure you're running this version or later before partitioning your card.

As posted here on XDA, it seems that the current clockwork recovery build, 3.0.2.5, will brick your phone if you use it to partition the sdcard.

It seems that the partitioning tool is getting confused and formatting some part of the phone's internal memory, turning it into an expensive paperweight. So far the only solution is to send it back to HTC and play dumb.

I'll update this once a fix is out, but for now, please just partition the cards manually via your computer if needs be.

Advertisement
    sweetb2006 and hammerdroid like this.
  2. Sombre

Sombre Well-Known Member

My phone advised me of an available update for ROM Manager, but as there were no release notes for the new version I decided not to update.

Cheers for the heads up Xyro.
    Sombre.
  3. poopookakada

poopookakada Well-Known Member

If you did update to Clockwork Mod 3.0.2.5 you can flash a different version from the bottom option in ROM Manager... you can chose any of the previous versions, so just select 3.0.0.6 (I know this one works fine as I've used it quite a few times)

And to clear up... ROM Manager can be updated and won't have any affect to Clockwork Mod unless you manually re-flash Clockwork Mod :)
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

So it's only 3.0.2.5 that has this bug?
  5. poopookakada

Far as I'm aware yes... 3.0.0.6 (the last release available) partitioned my SD card without any problems
  6. poopookakada

There is an update for ROM Manager & Clockwork Mod... don't know for sure if the new version (3.0.2.6) will properly partition the SD, but it's worth informing you that there IS a new version
  7. SB13X

SB13X Well-Known Member

Just to warn people that you shouldn't rely on ROM cooks to have the latest ROM Manager contained in their ROM even if they say its included as this could cause conflicts and false requests to reflash CWM which could have you putting the faulty 3.0.2.5 version back over the latest 3.0.2.6 with the SD fix.
    Xyro likes this.
  8. JSLEnterprises

JSLEnterprises Well-Known Member

Another warning, that I think I should mention. Even with the newest fix there is still great potential to brick your device while trying to partition the sd via cwm recovery.
    (It bricked my device about a month back, true brick, a qload brick... meaning it destroyed the internal eMMC of the device)

I personally do not recommend partitioning any type of flash media as generally its unnecessary
    sweetb2006, Marsr and springy like this.