Warning: Dont use HTC One X without SIM installedTips

1. Actual

Actual Active Member

The HTC One X uses a Micro SIM and my HTC Desire HD uses a regular SIM. To use my HTC One X I needed to migrate to a Micro SIM which I ordered from Vodafone a few weeks ago.

I decided my work couldn

Advertisement
    jjeff444, El Presidente and Harry2 like this.
  2. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

I must say I'd be inclined to agree, although I had my sim in the phone yesterday, it wasn't activated, since cutting my old sim and using it for the time being i have noticed a marked improvement in battery consumption.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Thanks for the tip. :)

It's most likely because it's looking for a signal. Once of the biggest reasons for battery drain is poor signal. If the phone can't get what it thinks is an acceptable signal, it will push more power to the radio in an effort to get one. If you've no SIM installed, you've no signal which is going to kill the battery pretty quickly.
    craftycarper likes this.
  4. Gav400

Gav400 Well-Known Member

5. jjeff444

jjeff444 Active Member

6. saltyzip

saltyzip Member

No issues here running without a Sim, have been since Friday, phone works great. Screen is showing as the main battery hog, Android OS is next but a teeny usage bar, compared to the screen.
  7. Actual

Actual Active Member

The first use of my HTC One X was that I had very little time to play and no Micro SIM so I turned on and ran the Setup without a SIM.

I was not prompted to choose carrier but I didn