• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WARNING: Extra Charge for Paid Apps

Just curious, is it for apps that you just purchased in the past day or 2? If you used a debit card it could just be a temporary hold. A lot of places will do that. It should go away in a few days (they say up to 2 weeks sometimes.)

Or "transaction fee" could mean that it was run as a POS transaction which some banks charge for similar to an ATM fee.

Upvote 0
Google have. They should set up payment so that it takes it in your chosen currency, without this additional charge that other online merchants seem to avoid.

My point was that Google have not levied a charge against the OP, Halifax bank have levied the charge. Their system may not prevent it occurring, but it's not their fault that some banks charge extra for micro transactions in overseas currencies.

Upvote 0
My point was that Google have not levied a charge against the OP, Halifax bank have levied the charge. Their system may not prevent it occurring, but it's not their fault that some banks charge extra for micro transactions in overseas currencies.
No, that's true of course, but I do feel that they should be aware that this could happen and setup payment methods for individual countries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones