• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warning! Google pulls rogue apps!

For those who never venture out of this sub forum, here's a warning about rogue apps!!

Google pulls 21 apps in Android malware scare - CNN.com

The apps are:

Falling Down
Super Guitar Solo
Super History Eraser
Photo Editor
Super Ringtone Maker
Super Sex Positions
Hot Sexy Videos
Chess
Hilton Sex Sound
Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls
Falling Ball Dodge
Scientific Calculator
Dice Roller
Advanced Currency Converter
APP Uninstaller
Funny Paint
Spider Man

I think you should explain the detail about this more. The original apps you mentioned are FINE. Some dude posted the same ones up in the market with malware added. SO if you installed one of those long ago its likely to be the original and fine.

Need to make that clear man, or people will take one look at that list and delete any of those apps they have.

Reactions: DCFC79
Upvote 0
I think you should explain the detail about this more. The original apps you mentioned are FINE. Some dude posted the same ones up in the market with malware added. SO if you installed one of those long ago its likely to be the original and fine.

Need to make that clear man, or people will take one look at that list and delete any of those apps they have.
That's why I included a link. ;)

Upvote 0
I installed spider man recently and removed it as soon as i heard this news. I did it before Google pulled the app. I have done no other changes to my phone appart from installiing simiclock and a calender app. However i have noticed that I am suddenly using a lot more data than before. Could this be something due to this app?

Upvote 0
I installed spider man recently and removed it as soon as i heard this news. I did it before Google pulled the app. I have done no other changes to my phone appart from installiing simiclock and a calender app. However i have noticed that I am suddenly using a lot more data than before. Could this be something due to this app?

There are a few packet sniffer apps you could try out to see where data is being sent to, I think you need root though. Are you rooted?

Upvote 0
Not sure if users are aware but I found this info on a reputable site (GSMArena 7th March) relating to the dodgy apps, in relation to the rouge app creating a 'backdoor' to your phone system.. (58 apps in total)

''That’s why Google devs stepped in and remotely wiped the apps from the affected handsets and closed the exploits. Users of the affected handsets should receive an email soon that contains the report of the actions taken to nullify the threat''.

No list of the 58 though...

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/03/update-on-android-market-security.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones