Warning! hedocell.com casesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. pank

pank Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Be VERY careful where you purchase your cases from...

I bought what they claimed to be a case for my Droid X and it was a total scam. Their customer support is 100% awful and they would not refund or exchange the case.

I even sent them the attached picture to show them the so called Droid X case is way to skinny and not nearly tall enough for the phone to fit in. This was clearly stated on their site as a case for the Droid X.

I will never purchase anything from hedocell.com again.
    Just a heads up...

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    Outlaw71 likes this.
  2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, that really sucks. I would call back and ask for a manager, I feel for you. It probably won't help but if they continue to say no you could let out some frustration. :)

3. Dabitz

Dabitz Well-Known Member

Put a claim on your credit card, at some point they will contact you by phone to get your evidence then you can send them this picture along with other emails. If you paid with echeck I don't think there is nothing you can do.

4. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

They clearly mark it as for Droid X, but in the picture it is clearly a Droid.

[​IMG]

5. pank

Unfortunately I paid via PayPal... I opened a claim but for tangible items you are only protected for shipments, not some crappy website selling you something they obviously are wrong about.

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Maybe they thought he meant Droid [X], as in...

I own a(n)
    Droid [X]
    Inc [ ]
    Iphone[ ]

8. pank

9. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i feel for ya. maybe try selling it on ebay as a D1 or D2 case. ;)

10. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Contact your State Attorney General... I know it's only $6 but don't let them take your money and run without a fight...

11. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

The only thing that you can feel somewhat lucky about is it was only $5.99. (well, plus the shipping too, hopefully it wasn't to much)

I feel for ya buddy. Thanks for posting the info..... you may have saved someone from getting burnt. It is appreciated,

12. pank

Yeah, I'm out $10 so it's not the end of the world. Just very very angry with this company and I thought I'd warn everybody so nobody else gets scammed.

13. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Yep, its the principle. People don't want to take the time for 6 bucks but that's how they get away with it, they don't take you for hundreds just 6, and from thousands of people it adds up fast.

14. pank

Agree 100%.

15. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

Owner Hector Duhart phone # (956)587-9188. I say spam the # everywhere so he gets bombarded wiry calls

16. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Call your General Postmaster. Believe it or not this is mail fraud.

17. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Not really if you understand how BBB rating work it is a scam on their part. If you refuse to contact them about something they will ding you. And if you are not a member they will ding you. So it is a way for them to make money off a business. And it can be a tool to use but it is not nearly as reliable as most people want you to think it is.

18. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

and looks like there is only one person in the US with that name so this is probably him in TX
    Twitter
    Hector Duhart | Facebook

19. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

he looks like a child molester!!!!! i would say someone in texas should walk in the front door and slap the first person they see..then shake your finger at them and say, shame on you...but i live less the 10 miles from a motorola bldg. so if i did what i ask of others my hand and fingers would be wore out!!

20. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

nice looking counter top..:) been remolding. ive spent to much time at home depot if im noticing that stuff:p

21. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Sorry to hear about this. Did they even reply back to you? Don't give up, keep pushing to get your money back. Doesn't matter if its $5 or $10. A few month ago I had an issue with one of the cases I ordered off eBay; the case was too small although speced for DX. Even so the whole case was only $4, I sent it back for exchange and the seller replaced it and even credited back the return shipping cost. That gets my Respect!!! In your case, it could have been an honest mistake with a typo in product description, so they have to accept it and refund it. Have no idea what they are thinking :confused:

22. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Yeah I spend more than $6 bucks a day on Redbull, but that's not the point. When you order something over the internet like that there is always some excitement to getting your package, opening it up and using it for the first time. Part of that excitement is knowing that by smartly researching the internet you were able to save yourself a few bucks.

So when you've waited a few days for your purchase to get delivered to your door... and the damn thing is a scam, well that would really roast my nuts. I don't care if they only charged you 6 cents for it, if it doesn't fit the damn phone then why are we wasting our time on it period, right? Go ahead and throw the book at them. I'll make sure to never click on their link if I ever see that name on a google search.

Thanks for the warning.

23. flash4866

flash4866 New Member

You're not the only one pank ... I got screwed as well. I've recently filed a claim with Paypal. I'll post back and let everyone know how it works out.

24. flash4866

flash4866 New Member

Well ... so much for that idea. Paypal just said they can't/won't do anything about it.

25. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I've had BBB complaints against my office. Like 3 or 4 over a 14-year time period. It comes with the territory. All of them so far have been bogus complaints. I sent letters to them stating my position and things were fine after that. But with a company that doesn't care, the BBB has no leverage to do anything other than giving a rating.
    Very few people check BBB ratings. So basically the BBB is a useless organization IMHO.
    I do not subscribe to them any longer, because it is of no benefit to any company to be a member of it(other than having a plaque in your establishment....big whoop!!). You're gonna get a rating based soley on complaints anyway.

But, in your case you are being ripped off for sure. good luck and like said, don't let them off the hook.

BTW, you have just reached more people with this post than the BBB could do in a lifetime.