WARNING: HTC Incredible LED FlashlightSupport

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Just letting you guys know to be careful when you download the $.99 "beta" Droid Incredible LED flashlight in the Market. I understand that the developer has bugs to work out but I think it really screwed up my phone.

After installing it and uninstalling it, it froze my phone for a short while. Now whenever I wake up my phone, Lockbot Pro doesn't work anymore and something has happened to trigger the phone from time to time not being able to sleep. The screen would stay on until I physically turn it off. I've also noticed a shortening of my battery life... but that may just simply be because of the not wanting to sleep.

I kept my phone off for a while and turned it back on. I will reinstall Lockbot Pro and see if any changes comes up.

Advertisement
    150_cav likes this.
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't planning on downloading that app and now you have made it certain that I will not even think about it. (IMO, its a little ridiculous to charge for a beta app that is quite buggy and then bump the price up to 5 dollars for a working version of JUST a flashlight app)

3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i have the flashlight, not the lockbot though. the flashlight does have some ruff edges but its all that is out there right now

4. terryzx

terryzx Well-Known Member

just get COLOR FLASH....it's free and has LOTS of optional looks you can use

I love this one!!! :D

5. acipollo

acipollo Well-Known Member

I bought it. Yes, it is buggy, but he does say that in his description. I've had no problems with it yet.

6. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

I think this is a case of correlation being interpreted as causation. Like others, I have the app and have experienced no problems.

As for the price and this being "just a flashlight app," I chose to throw some money the dev's way because it's been a time consuming, difficult process. Sure, we can say that we feel he's charging too much, but he's managed to accomplish what no one else who's attempted to take on this project has.

7. Reciprical

Reciprical Member

I have experienced all the bugz the developer names in his website. Following the provided instructions also does as stated. I have experienced no other bugz although I admit I don't have the Lock Bot app so the dev might need to know these things to fidn workaround etc. I am happy to beta this even if it is for .99 due to the time, effort and headaches just to get the LED turned on. It's an in demand application right now.