Warning: No Video Out Through AUX

Last Updated:

1. Serdna117

Serdna117 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well I ordered the official samsung aux to rca cable the otherday which, and I'm quoting from the box here is "compatible with Samsung Galaxy S handsets". Apparently the Epic is not a galaxy s handset since it does not support video out.

Just a warning for those of you considering buying the aux to video cable or the micro usb to hdmi cable. It wont work on the Epic, but it seems that the rest of the galaxy s phones support it just fine. Sad face.

Advertisement
    KoukiFC3S and nickw511 like this.
  2. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

It's a feature likely removed due to the downgraded touchwiz on the Epic. Many features are rumored to be coming back to the Epic with Froyo... whenever that is.

3. Serdna117

Serdna117 Active Member This Topic's Starter

That would be great especially since i dropped $17 on the cable. I guess will just have to try and set up DLNA in my room in the mean time.

BTW, Protoss ftw

4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

The Verizon Fascinate also lacks tv-out through the aux jack... Sucks. At least they both have a camera flash huh huh? LOL

5. MisterDisney

MisterDisney Well-Known Member

That's a shame. Considering how much they're putting into marketing the Epic and how well it seems to be selling. I also had a hard time getting DLNA to work. My PS3 would see the Epic, but the Epic wouldn't see the PS3.. Then the Epic would see my XBOX 360.. but not the other way around. It worked fine with my PC though.

6. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to work. Phone -> PS3 but not PS3 -> Phone. PC, however, works both ways. Can't play your 3gp files (phone recorded video) on the PS3, either, which is why I wanted to stream in the first place. Hope the aux really is going to be added back with 2.2.