• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[warning] update being pushed [warning] -- read!

Haha no problem, sometimes I forget that the west coast is 2 hours different since eastern time is only off by 1.

Not sure why people are so pumped for this update though. I could understand wanting to stay awake for Froyo, but for this?

People wanna know what it is. I think that's why there staying up. I'm just not tired and don't have anything to really do right now

Upvote 0
Not sure I want to install this update unless I see reports of it doing amazing things. I've just gotten my phone exactly the way I want it with all of the stock apps removed I don't use\want. The phone is running great and while I have the 50% bug, all I have to do to get rid of it is a quick 30 seconds into airplane mode when I first turn my phone on in the morning and it's gone all day until I turn the phone off at night. I always hate messing with something when it's working so well.

What I don't want though is that constant nagging notice about an update being available. That alone may cause me to install it.

Upvote 0
Being rooted, and having stock apps uninstalled shouldn't cause any issues, as all it does is find>replace rather than patch. and as far as not getting the nag screen,
You must be in adb shell via recovery
Code:
adb shell
Code:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
Code:
cd /system/etc/security
and run
Code:
mv /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip.bak

and 

mv /system/etc/security/cacerts.bks /system/etc/security/cacerts.bks.bak

you have to be in recovery to do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones