warranty question

Last Updated:

1. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With asurion warranty does the replacement phone come with a new sd card? Reason I ask is my phone went for a swim and after that I cannot get my sd card to be recognized by any device, computer,other phones, and mp3 players. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

If they will replace your phone for dumping it in water, why wouldn't they replace your sdcard?

3. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I didn't know if they classified it as non covered equipment and didn't replace it or if I need to specify that I need one when I call.

4. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Active Member

BTW: has anyone used the Asurion service yet? When my son and I got our droids I was sure to inquire about and buy insurance for them since they are expensive phones. When he dropped his and I called to inquire about using the insurance I was informed that it would be $90 to actually get a replacement...does this sound correct?

5. square

square Well-Known Member

yes. that is the deductible for smartphones.

6. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Only cost $50 from VZW to get an out of warranty replacement from VZW with my storm, not sure if they changed their prices or not though.

7. square

square Well-Known Member

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage

Total Equipment Coverage

Description

Total Equipment Coverage* offers complete protection for your wireless equipment. It combines the benefits of Asurion’s Wireless Phone Protection with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program. If your device or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason-lost, stolen, accidentally damaged, or malfunctioning-you are covered.
    • Phones**
      • $5.99 per month per covered phone.
      • $39 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
    • Advanced Devices**
      • $7.99 per month per covered device.
      • $89 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.

8. nicknrm

nicknrm Member

My understanding was it was $70.

GUESS WHAT! If you're an existing customer (previously using Asurion Insurance with a more dumb phone) and you get the droid, your pricing doesn't change. We're paying $5.99 for TEC and have a $50 still even though we have the DROID...we verified it on our bill (which has only been charging us $5.99 since we've had this phone) and verified it by Asurion's online site.

We also had a replacement through Asurion recently, they only charged $50 for DROID but the rep commented it was "unusual".

My friend, who also has the DROID, is experiencing the EXACT SAME PRICING and she previously had LG enV2.