Warranty questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Urfreaky

Urfreaky Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the warranty is from the first phone you got or does it restart when you get a replacement phone? For example I got my phone last November but I got a replacement phone much after that with my warranty.. I was wondering if my warranty restarted when I got the new phone.

Advertisement
  2. goshjosh

goshjosh Well-Known Member Contributor

Hm. I wouldn't think so. I really hope it works that way because I am in need of a new Triumph and my warranty has passed ):
  3. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

After all 6 of my replacement Triumphs the warranty restarted from the date of activation. I don't see how it would help goshjosh if his warranty is up.
  4. sirrx7

sirrx7 Well-Known Member

I was specifically told by a supervisor that I was getting a new 12 month warranty with my exchanged phone. I'm not sure if thats the case with straight exchanges for same models though. I was given a Galaxy Reverb in exchange for a 6 time faulty Triumph so I don't know if thats only when you get a different model.
    Like OverByter said though, it's only if you are still under warranty.
  5. Allaneato

Allaneato Well-Known Member

Whoa! What are the magic words when dealing with them when your Triumph fails the 10th time?

Talk to your supervisor?
    What?
  6. emerald10

emerald10 Well-Known Member

I've been asking that for months! I called the executive of Sprint and told her about my 7 Triumph replacements. She said she would send me the One V for my troubles. Two days later she called me and told me she wasn't sending it. Go figure. I've known dozens of people that got a different phone with no problem.
  7. redgjm

redgjm Well-Known Member

I believe if you get a new in box replacement then you're warranty resets. I say this because my gf got her Triumph when it came out then she got in box replacement last December and now her warranty ends in this December.
  8. emerald10

Well she must have been lucky because I've had 7 replacements and they told me my warranty was expired.
  9. redgjm

redgjm Well-Known Member

But have you gotten a Class A replacement before?
  10. emerald10

If you mean in the box then yes. I tried telling her that and she still said my warranty was up even though I got the last replacement in August. The phone call was made in October.