Warranty replacement water damage verification?? HELP?Support

Last Updated:

1. traxter

traxter New Member This Topic's Starter

Ive had my droid for 10 months and when i woke up this morning my LCD would not come on. Phone is fully functional and can even feel the vibrations when i use the slide unlocks on the screen. get calls and texts just cant see them. Just no lights! Anyways i went to verizon store they told me its under warranty and they will send me a replacement. Now they disclosed that if they find any damage physically or water damage that i will be billed the full price of 595$ immediately on my bill.

Heres the issue, 6 months ago i dropped this phone in a toilet but nothing happened to it and has worked flawlessly since. But now im paranoid if i send it in they will say its had water damage. Both "indicators" show no water damage as they are still all white with red X's. Are they going to disassemble my phone and check the internals?

Thanks for the Help!

Advertisement
  2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine they would go that far. If the indicators are still white they would have no reason to go farther and you should be fine.

3. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

My wife's phone was damaged due to water damage and, after talking with a supervisor, we went through the warranty and found out that the water damage indicator alone does not void the warranty. if the battery connectors and usb port look tarnished and corroded then that will void the warranty for water damage.

4. SPITnFAME

SPITnFAME Member

yeah i dont think they would go that far....and once they send you the new phone im pretty sure theres nothing they can do

5. thgrl021

thgrl021 New Member

I dropped my droid in soup about 3 days ago. I was quick and pulled my phone out of the soup.
    Dried off the phone
    Stuck both the battery and the phone in rice. My indicator sticker was white with 2 red xxs. But then I did the stupid thing of taking the phone out and trying to shake out all of rice that got stuck in the holes, my indicator sticker turned red.

I went to Verizon and I told them that I dropped my phone in soup and they didn't ask me if the indicator sticker turned red. They asked me if it was bad. I didn't think it was all that bad cause I stuck it in rice so I told them not that bad.

I had brought my old Glyde to the store so I could switch it back and receive calls.
    however the rep told me he wasn't going to switch it back to my old phone, instead he sent me a refurbished Droid X. Which was very nice of him but will I be charged the 595? I am not under warranty I feel uneasy.

6. thgrl021

thgrl021 New Member

has anyone else had a situation like this?