Was afraid that I had become one of those old ladies who order too much QVC...General

Last Updated:

1. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A package from an origin that I did not recognize showed up on my doorstep. I had just ordered a bunch of stuff online and was worried that I had gotten carried away so I started opening the box. It looked like some big Iron Man model. I thought "Oh, crap. Now I have to figure out how to send this back..." As I got all of the tissue paper off of it, I noticed a note. The note said:

Congratulations! You are the second place winner in the LG Ally Iron Man 2 Sweepstakes! We've enclosed your prize: the Iron Man 2 Model Kit and we hope you enjoy it. Thank you for entering our contest.

I laughed so hard. I had forgotten about the contest completely. I was hoping to win an Ally, but the look on my husband's face was just as good.

I've always liked LG's phones. Now I can say that they buy me toys. I hope they put out a powerful android device before Verizon announces their new data plans.

I thought you guys might think that was funny.

Advertisement
  2. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

Dude thats so cool lol! So did you get an ally? Or just a figure?

3. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Yeah I got a random envelope in the mail the other day, figured it was another BILL lol. But I got 3rd place which is 2 free movie tickets through Fandango. Pretty good value considering what a movie costs these days! Good time of year too, I'll probably use it around Halloween to go see a horror movie.

4. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just a figure. I guess I am on my own when it comes to the phone.

5. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

That's cool! I love getting free stuff. :] I once entered a sweepstakes with Cartoon Network out of boredom. I forgot about it and then later received a plastic Naruto (anime) headband thing. It was awesome.