Was in ringdroid, now in boot loop =(

Last Updated:

1. Heide264

Heide264 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have actually just rooted and flashed my droid today with BB OCd up to 1.2 and had smooth glass theme running on it.

All was running great - not a force close... running cool to the touch... nice and quick and wireless tether... Until I opened ringdroid. After playing a song for a while it froze, restarted and tried again and it froze again. Now I'm in a boot loop.

Think I'm going to just restore to my last backup, but really curious as to why this happened... Kinda weird. Any suggestions toss them out there.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Not sure why that would have caused a boot loop. If you're planning on restoring a backup anyways, though, you could try removing Ringdroid via ADB before you do it. Might be worth a shot.

3. Heide264

Well, I just ended up reverting; figured it'd be easier at this point.

Switched to the steamed glass OCd up to 900Mhz... this time was adding a theme and when it restarted it went into a bootloop.

Phone must not like overclocking at all =(

4. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

Sometimes there are certain speeds that phones don't like. Mine will run great at 800, 1000, 1100 or 1200, but at 900 it acts all sorts of stupid.

5. Heide264

I just jumped back to a random restore; seems to be working alright. Running BB... not overclocking past 600Mhz for now until I get braver. Just running this new BB seems to be doing wonders.

6. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

I noticed a big battery improvement with the new ROMs. And since the ROM base was designed for the Droid, it should do wonders for many aspects of the phone. Enjoy!