was just asked to update on my EVO?

Last Updated:

1. mustang229

mustang229 Member This Topic's Starter

just got a message thst poped up on my EVO asking me if i wish to update,iam rooted on 2.2,what to do?

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

I wouldn't.

You'll have to unroot if you do which wouldn't be worth it.

3. mustang229

mustang229 Member This Topic's Starter

okay thanks,and quick question,when gingerbread does come out,how long untill i can flash a gingerbread ROM to my Evo so it stays rooted?

4. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Best bet is to find out what update it is, and what Fixes/Changes there are in the log. Then determine if you want to go through with an UN-ROOT, Update, and RE-ROOT your device.

Depends.. the crack-team over at XDA may have it ready for FLASH in a few hours to a few weeks. They are outstanding when it comes to doing what they do.

Also, you need be careful if Gingerbread just happens to have a hic-up like 2.2 on the Evo did and most of the Early updater's were forced to wait for a FIX by HTC/SPRINT which lasted weeks. Like above though, the XDA had a fix ready (for specific ROMs) to download within' a week.

In this case, I recommend you waiting and making sure all is safe before jumping in to it. Make sure the 3.0? is stable and ready for us to use before you download (if your planning to UN-ROOT for the update). Or wait for the developers to get to work on it and totally overhaul it.

5. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

That depends on how long it takes the developer to integrate it with their ROM. Could be just a day or two, but it could easily take longer. If Gingerbread gets you that excited, then you can unroot and update, then hope that they can quickly find an exploit that allows you to root again. I'd just be patient, though, and wait for a homecooked ROM with Gingerbread integrated.