Was this a successful Tablet ??General

1. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Well-Known Member

Compare to the other tablets.? I mean this tablet is good but ... i dont know...
    I like it because of the ports

Advertisement
    :
  2. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

This tablet is, in my opinion, better to the other tbalets because t has the full size ports, its battery life is, in many cases, longer, it has a sufficient amount of memory, HD, etc. It really comes down to what you're comparing it to. Compared to the Transformer Prime, this tablet is Ok at best, compared to the Le Pad I'd say this was a far superior tablet, and compared to the Motorola Xoom, I'd say it was about the same.

IMO, it's all about personal preference. I personally love this tablet and won't switch for a very long time, if ever. =)
  3. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

I love my Thrive, got rid of an iPad to be able to get this and have no regrets. Toshiba said we will get ICS on this at the end of Spring so it will be even faster once ICS is on there. I wish it was a more popular tablet so there would be more ROMs for it, but that aside it has all you could need in a tablet.
  4. DerekElensar

To be honest, there is not MUCH of a difference between HC and ICS. From what I've heard, it's mainly file man agent and some other stuff, but otherwise, its about the same. I don't know why people are making such a fuss :p

Sent from my Toshiba THRiVE using Tapatalk
  5. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

Well, I have ICS on my phone and love it. I agree the differences are slight, but feel what is different is significant such as the ability to group icons into a folder. ICS is also supposed to extend battery life and use the processor more efficiently.
  6. DerekElensar

On the folder thing.. I can already do that using Go Launcher EX =D

As for the processor thing and other stuff... I can see where that could be helpful, but I still say peo-ple are making a bigger deal out of this than they should, haha ;)
  7. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

I like it a lot, but I am beginning to think that it is a bit bulky.. I like it mainly because it has an SD card sot.. But I am now learning that Samsung galaxy 7 in tablet has one too... Can't have it all...
  8. DerekElensar

I can see that, but I don't mind the size at all.. especially if it means I get to keep my full sized HMDI port and USB ports =)

Plus, I'm hearing that the touch screen on the Thrive is a bit more responsive than that of some other tablet. When moving between home screens, they experienced a little bit of a lagg, but not on the Thrive. =)
  9. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

That's good to know! Thanks.. Feedback is always good and instructive... :)
  10. Torrid

Torrid Well-Known Member

I dont know what the masses/media thinks overall, but I think this is a great tablet!
  11. DerekElensar

Me too! ^_^
    I'm not sure if I'll ever get rid of this tablet lol

Sent from my Toshiba THRiVE(AT105) using Tapatalk
  12. racer12306

racer12306 Well-Known Member

I like the tablet, with a few exceptions. I always seem to have a problem updating apps unless i update each app individually.

I love the full size SD, USB and HDMI ports. That alone is worth the headache of app updating.
  13. Evo 5oh

I hate the lag on the swype keyboard i like the tablet specially now that i downloaded the splashtop app ..its amazing i can download movies, nexflix connect my laptop to the tv(42 in. tv hdmi) and control my laptop from afar....just amazing....
    tube517 likes this.
  14. DerekElensar

Do you have your apps set to automatically update? You can do this by cicking a checkbox that says "Automatically Update" or soemthing close to that. That should solve your problems of having to individually update all of your apps for the most part since tere are stil instances when the app must manually be updated(i.e. when the permissions for the app change).
  15. Evo 5oh

I dont have that problem. I used to though...But I dont like auto-aupdating apps because I never know whats new on them. When you have multiple apps to update theres a number on top..click that and they all start updating at once..
  16. DerekElensar

That's true... but I'm a bit lazy and don't like to have to do that myself.. I like to be able to just hit the 'x' next to where it tells me what apps were updated and if I'm interested in what updates, then I go and look at what's new haha.. laziness ftw =)
  17. epw620

epw620 New Member

I just got my Thrive two days ago and I have a really hard time turning it on and off. Sometimes it won't come on at all or shut off! Other times it seems like I have to hold down for a long time.
    Should I return and get a new one/
  18. Axe_1

Axe_1 Well-Known Member

Check for software updates. If I recall there was a problem with what you describe.
  19. DerekElensar

Yep, it was the good 'ol Sleep of death. aka SOD. If you go to the Service Station, you can update from there, and that should take care of all your problems. Let us know, though, if the SOD continues.
  20. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

Just got mine today and I can't put it down! I love it... I prefer the extra bulk its much easier to hold... And seems like it will last a long time... The removable battery is a huge plus... Just shows you that Toshiba was looking into the long haul
  21. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

I got mine back in November. I love it. I barely ever touch my laptop or my PC anymore. I got a very inexpensive USB keyboard (about $8 on Amazon) and it makes emails and most word & excel work very easy. It is very nice having a full USB port. It goes almost everywhere with me. I have had no problems with it.
  22. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

I got mine 3 weeks ago and love it. A "refurb" but it was basically brand new and still under warranty. Already rooted and running Favum's rom. Overclocked and stable. This is an underrated tablet.
  23. DerekElensar

Glad you all enjoy it! :)
  24. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome to the Thrive family