Was your Evo retailer busy today?

Last Updated:

1. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went to a Sprint store at 6:30am, I was the first and only one there for about 15 minutes, by 8am when they opened there was about 8 of us. How about you guys? This was at the UNLV sprint store in Las Vegas. Engadget has pictures of various Evo retailers and only New York had a significant line.

Advertisement
  2. HeyEng

HeyEng Well-Known Member

I rolled up to the Sprint Store (one of the really busy ones here) @ 530 AM and I was #9. By the time they opened, the line went around the building. I counted 46 people. It was fairly busy...

Funny...5 guys in front of me showed up @ 5 yesterday AFTERNOON! That is CRAZY!

I am glad I went in early, I was in the 1st group and was dine in 1/2 an hour before all the servers went apeshit.

3. Solson

Solson Member

I showed up at the Sprint Store at 8am when the doors were being unlocked. There were 5 guys there when I showed up. My store only got 10 phones but when I was getting mine the gal got a call saying there were 8 more being sent over.

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I'm out of town with work so I cancelled my preorder. Called up the local Radio Shack last night to ask what the chance was I could get one as a walk in. The clerk informed me that they had ZERO pre-orders and had only been sent one phone. She put my name on it and told me the store opened at 9:30 am but I could come and see the manager at 8am to get it. I walked up to the store at exactly 8am and he was very fast and got me set up. As I was leaving one more guy showed up asking for one but just ended up ordering on to be sent to his house.

The phone however was ringing the whole time with people asking if they had any in stock!

5. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

I called two Radio Shacks and they were both out of stock. My local Sprint store wasn't too busy. They had 4-5 reps there working so it would've been much quicker had the system been working right. The rep told somebody on the phone that they had 11 left, but then when he hung up he told me he actually had 40. While I was there, I watched about 8 Evo's go out the door. Seems everybody buying a phone today was there for the Evo.

6. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

I was at the Best Buy & Sam's Club in Bradenton just a little while ago - Best Buy had 2 waiting and Sam's had 5 sitting their (not so patiently) and that was around 1200. :p

7. vkdroid

vkdroid Well-Known Member

Best Buy in Colma was okay - their system went down so there was a slight backlog. I got there at 10:30 and some guy next to me who didn't preorder got the last available phone.

I waited until 11, got done at 11:15.

8. saigon

saigon Well-Known Member

I showed up at Radioshack at 8:30 and they told me to come at 9 the day before so I tried to open the door cause lights were on. I asked if they were open and she said sure lol and processed me. Very easy setup, ported my number from AT&T and it was almost instant. Too bad they can't get reps from the stores up into the CS office haha

9. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

Sprint store in downtown San Diego wasn't all that busy. I got there at 7:45 (they opened at 8) and was 4th in line. By 8:05 there were probably 15 people there.

They still expected to sell out today though.

10. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Went to my local RS @ 7 to pick up my pre-ordered Evo and I was the first one there. The door was locked when I got there though. Saw a total of 2 guys that came after me. Encountered some activation problems (probably the lack of training the RS employee recieved).

11. asillmon

asillmon Active Member

No, I was the only preorder at my RS and they only got one additional phone which was still unclaimed.

12. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

Went to RS at 10am, mine only opened at 9. There was only one other person there. They only had 5 pre orders. I am in a college town but it is dead during the summer. I imagine it would have been totally different if it was during the spring or fall.

13. texasboylaw

texasboylaw Well-Known Member

nope very easy at best buy. i was third. in and out.

14. awayne

awayne Well-Known Member

My local store wasn't bad at all... Was there at 8:45 and went to play with the demo EVO. I could have been walking out with one within 1/2 hour but I am still on the fence about getting it so I want to play with it a bit more yet.... And I also want to get the $70 credit first before I renew my contract! :)

15. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

In Columbus the lines gradually grew, and I think you could still find one. If you showed up at Sprint when they opened there was a line, but everyone eventually got one. I think I heard they sold out early afternoon.

Bestbuy preorder at 7 was sweet. They were waiting at the door, knew who I was, shuffled me in and out quick enough. When I left my phone was fully functional.

16. munsterrr

munsterrr Well-Known Member

17. chum1600

chum1600 Well-Known Member

I pulled into the sprint store here and walked right in. The guy at the desk asked me if I was here for the EVO and I said yes. I was directed to a guy at a stand and he got me in and out in 20 mins.

18. SB22

SB22 Well-Known Member

Showed up around 6:15 and was #5 in line, and was in the first group let into the store. This was at a Corporate Sprint Store.

Line by the time they opened at 8AM was about 20+ people. A lot of people lined up directly at 8AM to make it around 45ish...

If nothing else, getting there early was nice due to the slow systems and I was taken care of in the first wave of people.