WasAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Adebisi

Adebisi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just ordered a Griffin SmartTalk Headphone Adapter and Control Mic from amazon for a fiver. Looks great and good reviews from desire users. I have also gone for the Sennheiser CX 550 Style II In-Ear Headphones

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I personally went for Bluetooth headphones and have not looked back since. I bought the Samsung SBH-650 from Play for just under

3. Adebisi

4. 400ixl

400ixl Well-Known Member

I have the Ericsson HBH-DS980 bluetooth headphones and they work really well, even outdoors.

Can have two different devices paired to the headphones and they will automatically switch when calls come in and pause the other source.

Only downside is the radio feature does not work as the aerial is the wire.

5. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

6. marshalex

marshalex Well-Known Member

does anyone know if the buttons work with the desire?

edit - looks like it does however the build quality is apparently shocking, bit off putting really as this could be ideal for a better placed mic in the car with my aux cable

7. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

How many hours of music can you play on the Desire with streaming on bluetooth before the battery runs down?

8. Adebisi

Yer bluetooth would be an issue plus I like the radio too much to not have it working

9. Adebisi

but for the price and the 12 months guarantee worth a punt with free delivery? I thought so, so went for it. I just want high quality (ish) audio with controls.

10. Adebisi

just got this today - it is one press for pause/play, 2 for skip forward track, 3 for skip back track. The skip does not work however and only calls or stop a phone call as does the play/pause button on the normal HTC controller. I am not bothered as I just wanted the pause ability really - or maybe there is a hack/setting that can change the way it works?

Apart from that it seems like good quality - hope it does not break as per the reviews on Amazon. Now just waiting on the new headphones.

11. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Bluetooth headphones will not have the same quality as wired headphones untill APT-X is available on many different headphones from all the big manufacturers.

12. zagblorg

zagblorg New Member

Got one of these a while ago and not really used it due to the lack of skip functionality. Turns out all I needed to do was RTFM! Having read this thread I tried out the double click to skip forward and it works fine with Winamp on my Desire. Couldn't get the triple click to go back a track to work, but usually I only use the headphone buttons to skip a track I don't want to listen to at that moment. Build quality feels pretty good on the unit, though haven't used it enough to see if that's true. Will be using it whenever I listen to music on my Desire from now on as the supplied headphones ain't great and I'd much rather use my Sennheisers!

13. Bitstreem

Bitstreem New Member

I've burned through two of these (the Griffins) already; while functionality, sound and price are all great, the build quality (especially the cable itself, which is flimsy to say the least) is pretty horrendous, at least for my use. The main problem for me seems to be the point where the cable meets the 3.5mm jack - the joint is under constant stress (thin, flexible cable and hard plastic edges around the joint of the 3.5mm jack) and will eventually break (for me it takes two to three weeks). A shame really, since the product works great until it breaks. Have ordered the Jabra BT3030 now and hoping that will last me longer...

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Arne S.

14. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Is it possible that the skip function is player dependant? The last adapter I had didn't work properly on the native HTC music player, but worked fine on the Lithium music player I use.