Washington Post Review

Last Updated:

1. pizz1000

pizz1000 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Greg Kumparak from the Washington Post on his Mobile Crunch Blog does a review of the Droid. As he normally carries an iPhone, I thought his conclusion was very telling regarding the Droid. You can read it your self but his ending thoughts are:

"Each phone platform has such tremendous merits. Androids got better navigation; the iPhone has a better browser. Androids got unbeatable expandability and flexibility; the iPhone OS is mind-numbingly easy to use and the rate of growth and drive behind the App Store is simply explosive.With Android 2.0, we​

Advertisement
  2. Stangs55

Stangs55 Well-Known Member

they forgot the most important thing when reviewing a cell phone....the network

I have an iPhone...which is more like an iPod touch since the service is an absolute joke and the sole reason I'm switching.

3. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Member

So true. I had the iPhone and loved it, but no MMS(at the time) and ATT's horrible network made me switch. Now that the droid is almost here, I will be happy with my phone and network at the same time.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Telling point. The network makes a huge difference - however, with the Droid being ported over to other networks, if it makes it to AT&T then it really *is* about just the phones.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

The Droid is a VZW exclusive in the US. The GSM one from the vide is for overseas.

6. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince Member

Hence the reason why I just got an iPod touch instead of an iPhone. Its a toy and should be used as one. If I want to make phone calls I'll use something a little more reliable on a reliable network. (Not to sound like a spokesman or anything haha)

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I agree with you Trey. I had a ipod touch about 1 1/2 years ago, I kept it for about a year and decided to try the iphone....big mistake lol. Constant dropped calls and nothing different then the ipod except that it was considered a phone, but that's a joke. I kept the iphone for all of a month before switching back to my G1.

8. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I was a store manager for cingular/at&t for 6 1/2 years. I had the first two iphones. I have since left there and ported my numbers over to the most reliable network. My frustration with the iphone was not really the phone it all, but like everyone else has said......The Network! AT&T can claim they have the fastest 3G but you have to find it first. There was one other frustration with the Network too or maybe it was a phone flaw. I would go hours without getting my emails. I would have to power cycle the phone and then I would have 20 to 30 emails that were back up. That is very frustrating for business users and individuals alike.