Watch videos from computerGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Anducks

Anducks Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to take videos from my computer and put them on the SD memory and watch them on my phone (HTC Eris)? The clips are just 3-5 minutes, not like 3 hour long movies. :p.

Advertisement
  2. plugnpl4y

plugnpl4y Well-Known Member

It certainly is. I just read a thread earlier today about this but for the life of me I can't seem to find it now.

Basically here's what you need to do:

1. Make sure the video is in a format that can be played with the Eris. I downloaded the Video Player app and it has specific recommendations for this. Video Player v1.0 Application for Android | Multimedia

2. To make any necessary changes to the video (such as the resolution) I recommend using the application HandBrake. HandBrake

3. Connect your Eris to your Mac/PC via USB and select "Mount" on the phone.

4. Create a folder on the now mounted disk and transfer your videos over.

Note: you won't be able to watch these videos until you disconnect your mobile or unmount the SD card.

Since you're only talking about short videos, file size won't be a problem. In the event that you want to move over full length movies, you can use HandBrake to reduce their size.

3. plugnpl4y

4. Anducks

Anducks Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. For some reason, when I try to get new applications from the Market, it says "A network error has occured." I'm not sure why, so I can't use those applications. (Unless I can install applications onto the phone from my computer instead of from the Market.)

Anyways, steps 3-4 did it. Thanks. :)

5. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

6. plugnpl4y

That was odd. It's fixed now.

7. jtan

jtan Member

If ur video is not compatible with HTC eris, you also could try this best video converter. It is already optimized for output setting for android phone... conveniently.