• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

watching movies on my diesre

hi guys,

i have .avi movie files on my pc.

I want to put them onto my diesre and watch them.

I don't know how to do this from start to finish, can some please explain each step and where to put the files on the phone memory, as i dont see a movie folder?

I also dont see an option in menu section for video or movie?

with my samsung it was easy, as the PC studio software left you drag and drop movies in, it converted them, and then went straight into the phones movie folder.

the desire seems very different?

thanks

the desire will only play .mp4 (.m4v) movies when you get it, you have to get apps to be able to play other formats. there is a beta version of a divx and xvid player just out that plays .avi files. (look in the forum for a thread about divx)

the movies should be stored in the sd card, create a folder called movies if there isnt one on there, and copy the.mp4 files into it.

use a pc program like handbreak or videora to convert the .avi files to .mp4

the movie player is 'in' the photos app, go into it and look for a movies folder.

Reactions: virtualsalmon
Upvote 0
the desire will only play .mp4 (.m4v) movies when you get it, you have to get apps to be able to play other formats. there is a beta version of a divx and xvid player just out that plays .avi files. (look in the forum for a thread about divx)

the movies should be stored in the sd card, create a folder called movies if there isnt one on there, and copy the.mp4 files into it.

use a pc program like handbreak or videora to convert the .avi files to .mp4

the movie player is 'in' the photos app, go into it and look for a movies folder.

Here it is

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/102360-divx-support-here-rockplayerbase.html

Reactions: virtualsalmon
Upvote 0
Hmmm,

Not sure i'm getting this.

I have put some movies into a new folder i created, folder called movies, gone into my photo's program, but theres nothing in there. Only my photos.

Now I have created this new folder entitled moives, how do i access this folder on the handset?

I can only see lists of programs, and not folders i created on the SD card?

I also downloaded this rockplayer tool, and placed this into the same folder as my movies, as per the instructions on that thread. Again I can not see this programe???

Confused

Please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones