• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watching Movies

rmarcus007

Lurker
Nov 7, 2009
Do you have to rip DVD's to watch a movie on say, the Droid Eris? Why isn't anyone making the android phones compatible with the Amazon Video On Demand Marketplace where you could rent and purchase movies, then watch just like our own form of iTunes? I'm a newbie, so if this question is out of left field and already easily addressed, please let me know.

Seems kinda crazy they make the phone work with the MP3 section of Amazon and not the video!

Do you have to rip DVD's to watch a movie on say, the Droid Eris? Why isn't anyone making the android phones compatible with the Amazon Video On Demand Marketplace where you could rent and purchase movies, then watch just like our own form of iTunes? I'm a newbie, so if this question is out of left field and already easily addressed, please let me know.

Seems kinda crazy they make the phone work with the MP3 section of Amazon and not the video!

Movies play fine on Android phones ... just convert them to mp4 and set screen size to agree with the platform

Upvote 0
I would like to add to this with my $.02:

Considering that Netflix is still not available on Android and it may never make it to some handsets, what is the option other than youtube for people to watch movies online on their Android handset if they have a 3g or 4G connection? I love Android and the handsets available, however I think its a fair thing to wonder what the options are to watching movies or movie streaming service on the androids. I know Apple has netflix that serves this pupose, we android owners don't have netflix or amazon yet ? How come? what are the other alternatives? I don't mind paying a monthly service or pay as I rent, however I want to be able to stream a movie without having to download or convert? Is this possible on Android?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones