1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Watching Movies

Last Updated:

1. rmarcus007

rmarcus007 New Member This Topic's Starter

Do you have to rip DVD's to watch a movie on say, the Droid Eris? Why isn't anyone making the android phones compatible with the Amazon Video On Demand Marketplace where you could rent and purchase movies, then watch just like our own form of iTunes? I'm a newbie, so if this question is out of left field and already easily addressed, please let me know.

Seems kinda crazy they make the phone work with the MP3 section of Amazon and not the video!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Movies play fine on Android phones ... just convert them to mp4 and set screen size to agree with the platform

3. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

Some conversion programs have iphone settings, use those and it should play fine

4. trishamil

trishamil Member

I'm wondering the same thing? Can we rent movies from someplace like itunes? I did hear that Youtube will be doing something like that.

5. spanky23

spanky23 Member

I am able to watch some movies on YouTube. Some say they wont play but a lot of movies will play the whole hour hour and a half movie.

6. maquiningoc

maquiningoc Member

I've ripped movies to MP4 format. What is the app of choice in order for me to watch the movies. When mounted to my PC, I can see the movie file there. But when using YOUPLAYER I dont see my file under the SD CARD location. HELP?
    Running 2.0 on my DROID HTC ERIS.

7. nickporwal

nickporwal Well-Known Member

arent you guys are facing lip sync problems. i am using HTC legend and my audio is lagging from video. i have tried every setting but no luck. please help me if you know the workaround of this problem.

8. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

I rip videos from DVD using Handbrake. It's effortless. As mentioned, just use the iPhone settings. I use "Video Player" from the Market to watch the videos and haven't had any sync issues.

9. nickporwal

nickporwal Well-Known Member

thanx for the quick reply mate bt if i convert .mp4 videos then it plays fine bt if i convert any .avi files then it gives me out of sync audio n video.
    i am using handbrake as u told. please help me. i have HTC legend

10. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

I can't say that I've actually converted an avi to an mp4. Maybe something weird with that particular combo.

11. adamster

adamster Member

I would like to add to this with my $.02:

Considering that Netflix is still not available on Android and it may never make it to some handsets, what is the option other than youtube for people to watch movies online on their Android handset if they have a 3g or 4G connection? I love Android and the handsets available, however I think its a fair thing to wonder what the options are to watching movies or movie streaming service on the androids. I know Apple has netflix that serves this pupose, we android owners don't have netflix or amazon yet ? How come? what are the other alternatives? I don't mind paying a monthly service or pay as I rent, however I want to be able to stream a movie without having to download or convert? Is this possible on Android?