watching video sent from iphone via gmailSupport

1. mreortiz

mreortiz Well-Known Member

My friend sent me a video that she recorded using her iPhone via email. I couldn't open the attachment through the stock gmail app. I went on the browser to access the desktop version of gmail and when I went to download the video a message came up saying I didn't have a program to march the video. Is there an app out there so that I can view videos on my evo sent through email....especially watch videos from iPhone users. Let me know....thanks.

Advertisement
  2. photostu

photostu Active Member

you probably need another iPhone to watch that video!

:)
  3. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with a PDF attachement.
    I had to forward the gmail to my pop account on my phone, so I could view the PDF.
  4. mreortiz

So there r no apps that we could use?
  5. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

What file format was the movie?

One would assume that iPhones would record in 3GP or MP4 or something like that but knowing Apple its probably a proprietary quiicktimes format. .mov or something.
  6. mreortiz

Yeah, ur right....its a .mov file
  7. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Well-Known Member

Two contacts of mine have iPhone and I keep getting .mov video files from them bu cannot view them on my Android.

I have Astro file manager installed. How can I watch these .mov files on my Thunderbolt? Thanks!
  8. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

9. SeekerOfTheWay

10. SeekerOfTheWay

Bummer. Rockplayer, Moboplayer, and Merdian wouldn't play the .mov video. Why cant iPhone just send normal videos?!
  11. SeekerOfTheWay

Why does Apple have to make everything specialized?! I still cant find a way to watch Iphone videos on my Android. Should be easy.
  12. sleepy3103

sleepy3103 Active Member

I had a couple videos I couldn't play that I downloaded. Don't think they where .mov format, but I just renamed them .mp4 and they worked. Not very knowledgeable about video formats and such, but its worth a shot.

I used file expert to rename them. I'm sure astrology file manager will work to.

Edit: qqplayer says it plays .mov
  13. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Apple = Dark Sith Lord
  14. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member