watching videos

Last Updated:

1. tapdatass

tapdatass New Member This Topic's Starter

i havea bunch of AVI video clips that i ant to watch on Hero. unfortunately it seems AVI is unsupported and there are no video players out there that support it. so it seems i have to convert to MP4. What are the exact settings i need to make it in order to playback on Hero? i am using Format Factory to convert .

Advertisement
  2. basscommander

basscommander Well-Known Member

Try downloading "Videora Android Converter" off the interw3bz. That's what I use, and has always worked for me for converting video formats.

3. tapdatass

tapdatass New Member This Topic's Starter

and waht resolution do i need to convert it to? what FPS? etc..

4. MammonLord

MammonLord Active Member

The display is 480x320, so resize accordingly. In my opinion, cropping the image to exactly that resolution looks much better on the small screen than resizing it to leave black bars.

If you're converting your video anyway, why not just transcode to a compatible format? An .mp4 encoded using H.264 video and AAC audio seems to produce the best results. Here's a list of what the photos app can play: [link]

5. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Rockplayer will play avi files if you use the right version.

6. basscommander

basscommander Well-Known Member

That program i suggested does all of that stuff for you. The display, fps, everything is auto done by the program. I love it, i put it at the highest quality, and it takes about 40 minutes to convert a 2 hour movie. They play great! Ive got a 16gb card, so its perfect for when i have to fly out of town. Have a selection of my own movies to watch. Goooo Android! Lol