Water Damage...General

Last Updated:

1. thatgirlmarie

thatgirlmarie Member This Topic's Starter

Both of the stickers - the one on my phone, and the one on the battery still have red X's. I have read that this is good.

I dropped my phone in a toilet (recently flushed thank god) in the Staten Island Ferry Terminal (see, nothing good comes of traveling to SI!) and grabbed it out as soon as I saw it. I had a plastic case on the back of it. Took it apart as soon as I got my wits about me.

And no, I wasn't using it - It flew out of my backpack when I turned around :(

It will turn on but has this odd boot up screen. I don't believe rice will get the water out of the inside, and I don't have a screw driver tiny enough. If I bring it to the Verizon store will they know it had water damage from the screen alone? It looks normal..just er...almost like the DOS blue screen of death sort of...

Also, the little tiny green sticker in the lower right hand corner that says VOID - is that a water damage indicator too? I don't recall ever caring what it was...

Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Try the rice. Had a very similar situation with my Eris (there's a thread on it in here somewhere) and leaving the phone in a sealed bag of rice for a day and a half made it as good as new.

3. thatgirlmarie

I don't *have* any rice :(

Seriously.

4. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Neither did I when mine took a dive... I just zoomed out to the store and bought a bag, went back out to the car, took the battery out of the phone and put them both in the bag before I even left the parking lot. Even if it's not immediately after the phone's gotten wet, the rice *should* pull out the residual moisture. If you can get a bag, do it asap. If not, not sure what else you can try...

:(

5. thatgirlmarie

Sadly, I can't. I would if I could, but everything closes at 11 on staten island...

6. polizi212

polizi212 Well-Known Member

Do you have any Oatmeal? That will work as well! Rice or Oatmeal are just really good at absorption of moisture and either would work fine! if you don't have any tonight get some in the morning and let it sit in the Dry rice/Oatmeal for at least a day.

7. thatgirlmarie

Ooooh might have oatmeal.

Thanks!