water damaged eris, OS still works!General

Last Updated:

1. np11788

np11788 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

So i dropped my HTC eris in the sink the other day. It was submerged for about 5 seconds. The phone then just stopped working and i tried taking out the battery and putting it back in and it wouldn't get passed the screen with the 3 droids on skate boards. I think went ahead and put my phone and battery in rice for a good 18 hours. Tried it again, and now the phone gets passed the 3 droids on skateboards to my lock screen. I receive text messages, the clock works fine and my 3g works fine too. Only problem is my touch screen does not work. I am wondering whta the problem is, and how i can fix it? You think its the digitizer???

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

Have you tried another rice treatment? It shouldn't do anything, but just in case...

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Ideally the rice treatment is done before you turn the phone on again after getting it wet. The idea is to remove the moisture before applying electricity and shorting something out. I'd say this is where you use the insurance that you (hopefully) have on the phone. I'd be surprised if it came fully back to life at this point.