1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Water Depth Finder

1. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

Would be great for fisherman. I had Google Maps working and was able to map the river I was fishing on this weekend. A depth finder would be sweet or maybe just a chart.

Advertisement
  2. LordQuackstar

LordQuackstar Member

Google Maps doesn't do 3D elevations I don't think. Unless there is an online service that does this already, you can't do it with just your Phone
  3. Ranger374V

Ranger374V Member

I'm assuming you have no knowledge of how a fish finder works... Without something to create the sonar "ping" you could not make a depth finder for any phone. The Lowrance and Navico maps are decent, and I think they do make some for some of the smart phones out there. They are loosely based off State Fishery maps...
  4. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you have no knowledge of how this forum works. Congrats! your first post and you already look like a troll. Your answer did nothing to help. I wasnt asking for Sonar. I already have a Hummingbird on my ocean boat. And those charts either cost money or suck.
  5. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

I believe Google Earth added water depth information to their maps. Maybe that could be enabled as a layer in Google Maps or Google Earth for Android. I really doubt every inland lake and river would be mapped. It would be really cool though.
  6. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I sounds like what you want is an app to make your own depth charts/maps?