1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

water in my galaxy sIISupport

1. Roxanimal

Roxanimal New Member

Just a little bit of water got into my Galaxy S thru the charger outlet. It was at least 20 minutes when I discovered that water got into it because I had dropped my water bottle onto the floor and realized water was in the console where my phone was sitting. I blew the phone and some water squirted out. Now my touch buttons (home, search, phone and message) wont work. Will it be back to normal?

Advertisement
    :
  2. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Rarely phones return to working order after water immersion, there are a number of rumored fixes tho.

My advice:

1. Take the battery and SD card out and gently use a soft cloth to 'pat' water out of your phone.

2. Store your SGS2 in a jar of rice a couple days to try and draw out Extra moisture.

This has worked for some peeps but they are definitely in the minority. WTH tho, give it a try as you have nothing to lose.
  3. beledi

beledi Well-Known Member

And if you got the phone from Sprint, you will not have an SD card.
  4. 1bigguy

1bigguy Member

Try what is posted above but I would think if you used it right after you did that instead of turning it off right away and trying to get all water out and using maybe a hair dryer on it to dry up what water you can't get at that it has probably shorted out by now and a return to the store or manufacturer is in order. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news by any means and it sucks when this happens but sometimes it does.
  5. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

No guarantees, but taking off the back, removing the battery and the SD card, and then dropping it into a bag of dry rice is your best bet. Leave it in there for 2 or 3 days, then put it back together and try it out. Best case, it works. Worst case, it was borked befoe the rice and nothing was going to save it.
  6. dwoeste

dwoeste New Member

This recently happened to me and here's what I did to get it to work.

Pull the battery and sd card
    Dry off as much water as you can
    Blow on it or use a hair dryer to get as much water out as possible
    Put it in a ziplock Baggie along with some rice
    Put it on a heating pad

The heat caused the remaining water to evaporate. You could tell by the moisture on the inside of the Baggie. Wipe out the condensation or just change the bag. When you're not getting anymore condensation put the battery back in and hope for the best. I had to fully charge mine before it worked completely.