Water indicator red out of box and 4g radio not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. auraavail

auraavail New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 2, 2010
    So I just received my sprint evo last night and the 4g radio wasn't working.
    I did the master reset etc.. all troubleshooting possible i used to work for data support for a wireless carrier so I was familiar with what needed to be done.

I called and after talking to a few people they agreed to send me a replacement, charged my card for the replacement said I would be refunded when they got the other phone back

So today at work the evo froze. I opened it up and realized that the water indicators for the battery and the phone were showing red.

I hadn't even had the phone for a day and it was nowhere near water.

I called support and the tech guy I spoke with said that they would just replace the phone and probably wouldn't ask any questions and refund my money.

I am just curious if i should be concerned with having to hassle with sprint when they get the phone back. i dont know if this happened in transit or on the manufacturers end. I am also not sure if that technicians word means anything.

anyone have comments on this? and why would my phone come with red water indicators out of the box? Maybe its because the ups guy left it on my porch which is covered but then again I do live in washington state.

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    They are supposed to have a red cross-hatch pattern on the water damage stickers. When it gets wet the ink runs and it becomes a solid pinkish color.
    leegseegs and DonInBoston like this.