Water Under Screen - Thanks GhostArmorSupport

Last Updated:

1. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a Zagg Invisible Shield on my phone for the longest time with no issues.

I dropped my phone and the Zagg did it's job, but it pulled off a bit on the middle of the screen. I bought a Ghost Armor after reading some reviews and just put it on.

Same procedure as always, go into a bathroom, let it get steamy, sit down and apply.

I waited an hour and a half and turned on my phone and there was water UNDER THE SCREEN.

I quickly turned it off and threw outside in the sun in a bag of rice, so hopefully it evaporates. I couldn't believe it though. Same process as before with my Zagg, but it seems like that little space between the screen in the edge had water leak down through it.

If it doesn't go away I'll be attempting to get a replacement through my Best Buy Black Tie Protection, which I hear is a nightmare, so wish me luck.

Regardless I'll be going with static cling screen protectors from now on.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Edit for Pictures:
    It was hard to snag a photo of, but it is right by the 4G.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Well-Known Member

I had the invisible sheild installed at bestbuy when I bought the phone . I nearly had a stroke when the girl installing it hosed the phone and the sheild with a sprayer then proceeded to apply the film . Another reason I had them do it was simple . If they gonna fry it they can give me a new one . I havent had any probs with mine but then I reinforced mine with clear packing tape on the sides(Yeah I know ghetto) but I have a case on mine and it covers it and the part showing through is clean straight lines along the parts of the screen that arent lit anyways but shows through the case . I did this since I waited three days and attempted to install my innocase and it started to peel part of the shield up . Now the case rides on the clear tape and prevents it from lifting .

3. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Sounds like more of an EVO problem than GhostArmor ... if the screen fit properly without spaces and lifting we would not have these issues.

4. mkufta

mkufta New Member

Exact same thing happened to me and I was wondering what you did. I put mine in rice and sat it in the sun..hopefully it works!! I already had to go through my BB insurance once for a cracked screen and had to wait 34 days to get it back.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

i dont see how this is Ghost Armors fault. The instructions specifically state not to use too much water. It's your fault for putting too much on it.