Waterfield Droid Suede Jacket

Last Updated:

1. thaprofessor33

thaprofessor33 Member This Topic's Starter

I just ordered this today and was wondering if anyone has this jacket.

Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket

I received the jacket today and here is my quick review. The suede material feels very nice and soft in my hands. The material actually cleans the smudges off of your screen while putting/pulling it out of the jacket. A big plus for me is that the jacket does not add much bulk to the phone. The stitching on the sides of the jacket looks to be of high quality.

Now comes protection of the phone. The jacket will not protect the phone if it is dropped, but it will protect the phone from scratches. With the phone being in my pocket with my keys, this was the number one priority for me.

Overall I am very happy with the jacket from Waterfield. The price is right at $9 and they even offer one with a stitched in pocket for $13. The shipping is the only thing that almost held me back from buying this product. The shipping can range from $7 for standard to $10 for 2-3 day shipping.

Gary over at Waterfiled was very helpful and contacted me right after my purchase. Don't hesitate to give this jacket a try.

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Looks nice. Report back how you like it.

3. thaprofessor33

Review is up in the first post...

4. Branndon

5. Branndon

Nice little review. How snug is it? Is it easy to get out in a hurry? I have been using a large 10x5 sheet of sude like material and wrapping the phone, so that's why this interested me.

6. thaprofessor33

It is easy to get out in a hurry. Just give the bottom a quick squeeze and the top of the phone will pop out. Or you can hold the bottom of the jacket then turn it upside down. It will slide right out in your hand. Some information that came with the jacket also states that it stretches out to fit your phone over time.

7. JonKyu

JonKyu Well-Known Member

I'm debating about buying one, but I'm holding off to see if any hard pouch cases are going to come out. $7 for shipping is kinda ouch especially since the product is so affordable :(, I'm using my old iPod sleeve right now.

8. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

I got my suede snuggie (pouch) for my Droid yesterday, and so far I'm liking it alot! I got the one with the pocket, which is made from a mesh material (like those football jerseys) I can see slipping some cash in there, could hold one key too, business cards, etc....I have invisible shield screen full boy on my phone, the sleeve doesn't seem to catch any corners coming in or out. Got this to be able to put my phone in my purse without worrying about keys dinging it etc.

9. necrosays

necrosays Member

any of u guys want to share some pics of the jacket and possibly of the droid inside the jacket? im curious to see what it actually looks like, rather than the pics on the website.

thanks!

10. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

Here is my Droid and it's suede sack!

Attached Files:

11. necrosays

necrosays Member

Thanks for the quick reply Nidisa!

looks like the jacket fits comfortably.

what do you think about the material? is the outside soft enough to wipe the screen without scratching it? im a bit skeptical about the suede cause i have this wierd thing about soft materials, make me feel squeemish lol.

i currently have my droid wrapped in a microfiber cloth, but it always unfolds when i have it in my pocket

12. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Anyone know if it'll fit into the multimedia dock without having to remove it?

13. square

square Well-Known Member

you'd obviously have to remove it. :rolleyes:

14. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

I absolutely use the sleeve to wipe the screen !

And craighwk, you have to take your Droid out of the sleeve to dock it :)

15. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Yah, so totally obvious.

Thanks, Nidisa.

16. square

square Well-Known Member

did you even look at the pictures? :confused:

17. necrosays

necrosays Member

How many cards would u say that outside pocket can hold? Im assuming it can stretch a bit.

Also, was grey the only color available or do u know if there were more colors?

18. necrosays

necrosays Member

19. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Nidisa

Your's looks different than what is shown on the Waterfield site....did you order from someone else or am I missing a page with different styles?:confused:

20. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

It's actually very black; my digital camera flash was so bright it made it look gray!

Here is a pic of Droid in sleeve, with 5 credit cards and a calculator! The pocket material is VERY stretchy. I can see getting about an inch of stuff in it.

Attached Files:

21. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks!

That does look more like what they show....pretty sharp looking!

22. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

I like it VERY much. I have Invisible shield full body on the phone, and keep it in the sleeve when I put it in my purse (which is full of all kinds of scratchy/pokey/linty stuff) Just keeps it clean, slips easily out of the pouch. Been exactly what I wanted.