Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

It is a theme

3. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member

4. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member

It's a theme, but is usually (if not always packaged with it's respective ROM).

a ROM is the basic "os" software that you put on your phone. A theme is what makes it look cool. A theme can be ported to more than one ROM, so you can see a Bugless Beast Watermark'd and a Simply Stunning Watermark'd. Usually, you have to install a ROM first, and then a theme over it. In Watermarked's case, all the DL links are for full ROMS; the theme has already been applied over the ROM and you don't need to take the extra step.

5. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

Actually they are not full ROMS. The only one that is a full ROM is Lithium Mod. The rest are just themes for their respective ROMS. Just wanted to clarify that.

yufice likes this.
  6. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member

he's right, only a few of them are denoted as full ROMs. my bad

7. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson New Member

All,

I am new to all this stuff and I would like someone to give me a walk through on how to put a new theme on my DROID. I saw a version that I would like, saw the walk through for it but it's like VCR instructions you know. I like the Sapphire 1.0 with a watermark'd. I think that's how you say it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

First download sapphire 1.0 and the gapps that come with it. Make a backup, wipe data/cache and flash those two first. Wait for your phone to get settled and sync everything up. When that's done, flash the watermark'd theme and you're done. No need to wipe when flashing the theme. If you need more clarification on those steps let me know.