• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Watermarked? Screen.

xgemh83x

Jun 20, 2014
I have noticed for the last 2 days at the bottom left of my screen theres like a watermark on my screen. Thing is, my phone has been absolutely no where near any water!! I'm really confused. I'm saying watermarked but it can't be but thats what it looks like, can anyone help? Anyone else had this problem or anyone know how to rectify this? Thanks in advance.

Have the phone in a really cold air conditioned place recently, then walked out into a hot day (or into a hot car)? The moisture in the hot air will condense on the cold phone. (I've seen it happen badly enough that the phone was water damaged.)

That's legally considered normal usage (going from a cold place to a hot place), so you can probably get the phone repaired (or replaced) under warranty - if you're willing to put up enough of a fight (which might mean a law suit).

A US soldier in Viet Nam had a pot (the kind you cook in) replaced because it was guaranteed to stand up to normal use. And the courts held that, in Viet Nam, during the war, bullets flying around your cook fire was normal use, and there was no "act of war" exclusion in the warranty.

Reactions: xgemh83x
Upvote 0
Thanks. I'd not thought of that. I haven't been in what you'd call a cold place but i guess theres been a reasonable temperature difference between the inside and outside. It is slowly getting worse too. Its going further up the screen and across the bottom too.

I knew it hadn't been near water but didn't think condensation could be the cause. You'd think a phone thats meant to be waterproof, would not have this problem. Especially as its supposed to be sealed and all the little covers are always closed except when charging obviously.

Upvote 0
Not sure where there is a sony retailer near me now. I'll have to look it up. Do you think they will help though seen as it's a phone and on contract? My phone is insured but they say if its been near any water they may or may not fix it but I will be chargeable even though it's been no where near any water!! Thanks. :eek:⚫⚪⚫

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones