Waterproof MountGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-07-06 13:42:57
  1. 5001craig

5001craig Active Member

I couldn't find a thread specific to waterproof mounts for the S3 so I'm posting-up a new thread.

I am on a boat quite a bit and I am switching phones to the S3. With that in mind, I want to get away from my 160gb ipod and have music on the S3 as well as keep it in a waterproof case. I was looking at this mount from Ram Mounts (which I have used in the past and have always been pleased with) and was wondering if anyone thought it would fit the S3. I will more than likely go with a OB Commuter case and that will probably need to come off each time I want to put the phone in the waterproof case (which I really don't want to do). Not a bad trade-off, though.

Now I'm really excited as one of the local AT&T stores just called while typing this and they have six PB's and five white phones in stock!

Guess I need to do some more homework on how to get the itunes music onto the S3. And also (more importantly) a podcast that I download daily...

Advertisement
  2. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

On my jet ski I used to keep my iPhone in a ziplock bag that had the double zips. I could talk though it fine and use the touch screen. On my ATV I used the Ram Mount and a ziplock. It worked great. Never once did I get water in the bags.