• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Watery Evo - what would you do

Dizzy99

Jun 18, 2010
My EVO got some artificial tear eye drops in it on a recent flight. The water from the tears are under the screen and I know the rice trick, etc. I have tried it but it has not worked but fortunately the phone works fine.

Here is my issue though, I just hate the screen being messed up cause I was ready to root the phone and I recently bought a 64gb card for the evo and was ready to really load it up. The water issue with the screen just annoys the hell out of me so I am considering a few options

1) Buy a new EVO off ebay or amazon for <~$250 and then call Sprint to switch to that phone.

2) Not sure if this is possible, but can I buy another Android phone that can be used on Sprint's network from ebay or amazon and transfer it?

3) Wait until June 2012 when my contract is up and then get the $150 discount on a new phone. My one issue here is I just might leave Sprint. I follow this sector from an investment standpoint and they are going to take forever to roll out LTE given how bad the co is financially and w/what is happening with CLWR. By June 2012, I may just get onto Verizon cause even in the CT area for me near NY, 4g coverage sux.

I think those are my main cost effective options but if someone has a better idea please let me know. And most importantly, what would most people do if they were in the same situation?

Order the top glass digitizer off of amazon and replace it. 40$ or less. once you get it apart you can clean the water out really well. google evo 4g disassembly for instructions. Remember though, you void your warranty when you disassemble. But if you were planning on root (s-off) and it got wet, your warranty is void already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones