• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.wav audio files on Inc??

Just the stock player, nothing special. They were old ringtones I used on my previous PPC phones that I still have stored on my memory card. lemme record a video real quick and I'll post it up.

edit: video's uploading at the moment, it's taking a bit..... Turn down your volume when you play it, I didn't realize how loud the phone was going to sound!

Upvote 0
I'm actually trying to play a .wav file that is sent via email by my exchange server. It is a voicemail. I have tried saving it to my SD card and open it with the music app but it again says it does not play that file type. The HTC website says the phone plays .wav files (although the Verizon website doesn't mention it as a compatible file type). If I can't hear the voicemails I'm in trouble.

EDIT: Tried Astro too, no luck.

Upvote 0
Hey Kibble... Which "File Manager" ap do I see there? Is it a good one?

I just searched in the market for "file manager" and lo and behold there was an app called file manager. LOL

It's fairly simple and works just fine apparently, haven't had any problems with it.

Kind of point less if you ask me if you can't have a playlist,

I only played them that way to show that they did in fact play and had the .wav extension. They'll play just fine in a playlist too, I tried it. My only guess is the type of wav file some of you are trying to play may be encoded different, although I forgot what encoding I used to make those files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones