Wav format not recognized after froyo (2.2) updateSupport

1. rockinbboy

rockinbboy Active Member

So I have read online that with the 2.2 update, the music file format ".wav" is no longer recognized. In 2.1 this worked just fine since I can confirm. People who get email notifications with wav file attachments or open small wave on the web are unable to listen to them if they have Froyo 2.2 OTA update. Does anyone know if this is a bug that is being addressed by Android team?

I don't want to download 3rd party apps just to listen to wave files. I want to use the exiting music app on the EVO.

Advertisement
    :
  2. kcflyer

kcflyer New Member

And my BUSINESS voicemail sends me e-mails with a WAV file attached. Version 2.1 DID play WAV files. Somebody needs to tell google that beside twitter, video, games and music...there are many of us who bought the phone for BUSINESS.

For what it's worth - I have a Verizon droid Incredible. Loved it when I got it...not so fond of it since 2.2 got forced on me. I had the option to download it later...should have taken that option, but I figured Goolge was fairly reputable. Come to find out that this problem was KNOWN while it was in beta - and they released it anyways. Note to developers NEVER...EVER put out an upgrade that TAKES FEATURES AWAY. That and the BS autostarting of a TON of useless apps (Skyope, Amazon MP3, etc). My stinking battery used to last me all day...now after 4 hours of doing NOTHING - it's down to 25% remaining.
  3. dssaims

dssaims New Member

URGENT WAV problem with 2.2 - How do we get a response from HTC? I have seen so many posts on so many forums regarding this and no "official" response from HTC, SPRINT, or ANDROID. This is unacceptable. I cannot believe the way this has all been buried. Unless someone has been given an acceptable response on when a fix 2.3 or an HTC firmware update will handle it, then I think we all need to start petitioning everyone we can to try to hear us and help- like WSJ, NYT, PCMAG, LA Times, etc. This is really unbelievable. I have read so many posts on various forums, from people just like me who got the phone because of its features and the ability to play phone wav file attachments is one of my most important needs. We need to unite and organize a plea for help campaign targeting HTC, Sprint, and possibly Google.
  4. ml0126

ml0126 Member

I have the same problem with a wecast that broadcast the live stream in windows media. I've talked to several with Sprint and HTS who all say it should play it but can't figure out why it won't work????