1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

wav player

Last Updated:

1. Dcap04

Dcap04 Member This Topic's Starter

i get email from my magic jack everytime i get a voicemail...but it's in wav format...tried looking for it on the market, but no luck...any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Rockplayer in the market place (ARMv7)

3. Dcap04

thanks for the suggestion...good player, but won't play my wav attachment

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

5. Dcap04

thanks earlymon...tried meridian, didn't work...so i tried the workaround link you attached, looked for remote wave app, which i'm sure will work...the thing is, i don't want to pay the $2.00 so i scrolled down for more suggestions until the last post (by sbursik):

"I tried the Voicemail Conversions - Home and it works pretty good. I had it convert the wav to Mp3 and then it emails you the new attachment. Its a good free solution but does require extra steps.

I am using MagicJack and it sends wav files that the Droid cant play by default. I set my MagicJack to forward VM files to iPhoneConvert and then set iPhoneConvert to send the converted file to mine and my wife's gmail account. This way there is no extra step that I have to take. It comes in as Mp4 by default from iPhoneConvert but you can change the settings as well as the subject of the email."

i tried this workaround...a little bit more work...but it did the job! so thanks guys!

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and found if I send it to my Gmail account it plays fine. If I send it to a regular pop 3 account it will not play.

7. ricknc

ricknc New Member

wavplayer, 99 cents. works great on my EVO. Wow, Google sure is smart to take functionality away from Android phone firmware. Now all the enterprising app developers have to share their proceeds with Google in order to sell us the replacements for those disappearing functionalities. SMART.:mad:

8. kennethmgreen

kennethmgreen New Member

Just installed WavPlayer on my Dinc after searching for a WAV file solution. Works great. Worth the buck.