1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Wavesecure question

Last Updated:

1. kyleonfire

kyleonfire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does it count as antivirus? I've been browsing some threads and people say antivirus apps are causing texting to force close and randomly delete all messages. I keep having this problem and was wondering if uninstalling Wavesecure would help

Advertisement
  2. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

No, it's not.

3. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

It is not an anti virus. It simply allows remote access and control of your phone should you lose it. (Most simply defined). It doesn't scan files and only backs up your texts, contacts, etc.

I have been told you don't need an antivirus with Linux based software, but I am not an expert in Linux so I will defer to others here that are more knowledgable there.

4. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

You don't need an antivirus on your Android phone. 11/10 chances are if there is going to be a problem, it will be a PEBKAC error.

As far as your initial question: Wave Secure is fine, I've been running it for months and have yet to find it causing any problems with any functions or apps on my device.

5. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

^Agree, I've been using it since last year and not a problem with it on 1.5 or 2.1.